Search

BYOD Charging and Safety

Started by Mike Shorter 29 May 2018 11:14am () Replies (2)

Greetings all,

We are starting down the BYOD road next year with out Year 9-13's and I am looking at how we will manage charging devices and storing devices throughout the day. I was wondering if there are others out there who are further down the road who could offer advice or are willing to have a chat about your set up?

Cheers Mike :)

Replies

• Clive Francis (View all users posts) 29 May 2018 3:12pm ()

Hi Mike

In my role with the Connected Learning Advisory | Te Ara Whītiki, I typically find that schools have clear expectations that devices come to school fully charged so charging tends not to be an issue. Similarly, storage tends to be as simple as keeping it in a school bag with the usual security measures that would ordinarily be in place such as keeping changing rooms locked or security cameras trained on bag storage areas outside the library for example. I often come across expensive storage lockers with built-in chargers and the like that aren't getting used. However, I welcome others to disagree with me and let me know they made good investments in lockers and charging solutions!

You might be interested in our BYOD checklist which lists other considerations and feel free to get in touch if you'd like free support from your local advisor.

Ngā mihi,

Clive

Join this group to contribute to discussions.