Search

Gamification

• Public
Started by Tracy Prout 09 Sep 2017 11:36am () Replies (12)

Is anyone using aspects of gamification successfully in their classroom? I am interested in how effective it is for motivating primary aged boys for a Teacher Inquiry Project. Your thoughts would be much appreciated. 

Replies

• Tracy Prout (View all users posts) 15 Sep 2017 9:44am ()

Hi Natasha,

I am interested in design elements I can use rather than IT tools. I have plenty of tools that the boys are using but I want to find a way to increase their motivation to complete tasks in a non gaming context. I was motivated by a visit to special education classroom that was using Class Dojo but have heard some very negative views on that particular programme. I then did a bit of reading and became interested in the idea of setting up something (supported by game design elements) for my boys. My email address is tonyandtracyprout@gmail.com - anything you can send me would be greatly appreciated. 

Tracy :)

• Tracy Prout (View all users posts) 15 Sep 2017 1:14pm ()

Hi Darren,

I have done 'some' reading and, to me, some design elements of "gamification" already existed in schools long before the term gamification came into existence. Points systems and house systems have been around for ages so I am really just satisfying a curiosity around what 'other' elements of game design might motivate my boys (all of whom are avid lovers of video games). I am really just beginning this journey of inquiry and would like to learn more.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.