Search

Learning through play

Started by Kim Proffit 08 Nov 2016 5:28pm () Replies (9)

Hi there, 

We are looking at developing a Learning through Play Programme in our New Entrant classes to help the transition from ECE.  As a team leader, I am in the process of gathering research and data to support the pedagogy behind this and have found this group great for finding and accessing that.  

I am interested in hearing from others who have worked with their Leadership team / parent community and classroom teachers around beginning such a programme and the work they have had to do around the educating as to the 'why.'  I think this is very much the right way to go for our 5 year olds but this will mean taking a slightly different attitude towards meeting 'standards' which is a huge step.   Any information from experts out there would be greatly appreciated!

Kim

Replies

• Julia (View all users posts) 09 May 2017 10:46am ()

Hi

We introduced play based learning at the beginning of the year for our Year 0-2 children. As teachers, we make a selection of materials and resources available for the children, and then let them play.  At this stage, our role as teachers has been to observe the range of creative developments and social interactions.  We are reflecting and refining all of the time.

Julia

Join this group to contribute to discussions.