Search

Learning through play

Started by Kim Proffit 08 Nov 2016 5:28pm () Replies (9)

Hi there, 

We are looking at developing a Learning through Play Programme in our New Entrant classes to help the transition from ECE.  As a team leader, I am in the process of gathering research and data to support the pedagogy behind this and have found this group great for finding and accessing that.  

I am interested in hearing from others who have worked with their Leadership team / parent community and classroom teachers around beginning such a programme and the work they have had to do around the educating as to the 'why.'  I think this is very much the right way to go for our 5 year olds but this will mean taking a slightly different attitude towards meeting 'standards' which is a huge step.   Any information from experts out there would be greatly appreciated!

Kim

Replies

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 12 Dec 2016 11:27am ()

Here's some more food for thought as you plan your programmes for 2017 To play is to learn (originally posted in Facebook for teachers page) where the author talks about "the rise of trans-nationalism" where people moving within and between cultures in a global community. "This has had a significant impact on young children and their education, dramatically changing the idea of culture’s once static influence on the child”.

What do you think, does this also apply to us here in NZ?

Join this group to contribute to discussions.