Search

Transferring Google Site

Started by Heather Harper 11 Oct 2016 12:01pm () Replies (8)

I would like to know how to transfer a Google Site from a School managed GAFE to another gmail account. Many teachers have their teacher as Inquiry for registration purposes...on a site and if they leave a school and go to another it says the site belongs to the school. This is a very valuable record for a teacher so they want to be able to transfer it with them when they change schools.

Can anyone help?

Replies

• Tim Harper (View all users posts) 11 Oct 2016 10:28pm ()

The new Google Sites is according to Google very much in beta.  I rang them 10 days ago to discuss some issues.  Eg you cannot use your own domain with a site created with the new Google sites - you can only use your domain with the old Google sites.

There is some Java-based code that can move a Google site (old!) from one school to another.  It is not that easy to use but it does work.  It is called Google Sites Liberation:

https://www.google.co.nz/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=google%20sites%20liberation - this will point you to the code and example of how to use it.

However I understand the Education Council may be working on something that all teachers can use regardless of the school they are in to support their registration.  It is probably only at the scoping stage but it is recognised as an issue as this material is often lost when teachers move schools.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.