Search

BLOGGER Template

Started by nicki fielder 26 May 2016 6:32am () Replies (3)

I am looking at moving our e-Portfolios from wikispaces to Blogger.

Do you know if you can set up a school e-Porfolio template, using Blogger, that I can then duplicate for each new child as they start at School?
It would make it so easy!!

Nicki

Replies

• Saunil Hagler (View all users posts) 26 May 2016 11:01am ()

Hi Nicki

Follow this process to create your template:

1. Create a blog that you would like as a template.
    2. In the back end of the blog, under the 'Template' section, select 'Backup/Restore' and download a .xml file of your template.  Note, some gadgets are not backed up -- only gadgets in the 'Basics' tab under 'Add a gadget'.  

This .xml file is now your template file to use each time you want to change a student's blog to your template format.

Follow this process to create each student blog:

1. Create the student blog as you normally would.
    2. Once created, navigate to the back end of the blog 'Template' section, select 'Backup/Restore' and then upload the template .xml file from your computer. 

This should change the blog template to match the .xml file template you created.

You may then need to tweak settings for each gadget separately.

Let me know if you need more help on this or anything Google Apps/Chromebooks.

Regards

Saunil

• Lisa Ferris (View all users posts) 26 May 2016 7:01am ()

Hi Nicki

I am not sure about Blogger, but you can set up a template using Google Sites which is another 'blogging' type Google app.  Sites is able to be public, private, and fully shareable with others on your domain.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.