BYOD research on science teacher instructional design

• Public
Started by Jiansheng Cui 07 Mar 2016 7:03pm () Replies (2)

Dear Science Teachers,

I am Jiansheng Cui, a PhD student at the Faculty of Education, University of Auckland. I am writing to invite you to participate in my research project. My research topic is: Science Teachers’ Instructional Design Practices for a Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) Environment in New Zealand Secondary Schools. My supervisors are Associate Professor Cathy Gunn and Dr Rena Heap.

This study aims to understand science teachers' instructional design practice for BYOD environments in New Zealand secondary schools. It has two phases. Phase One is an anonymous online survey. In Phase Two, a one-on-one interview will be carried out. You can choose to participate in only Phase One, or both phases.

To be an eligible participant, you should be a science teacher who has been teaching for a BYOD environment for at least two terms in a New Zealand secondary school. I would really appreciate it if you could consider participating in this research project. Your participation is voluntary. If you would like to start the Phase One survey now, please click the following website https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/byodresearch. A Participant Information Sheet is contained in the website. The survey will take approximately 25 minutes to complete.

For more information, please feel free to contact me or either of my supervisors. Contact details are provided in the Participant Information Sheet on the survey website.

Many thanks for your time in considering my request.

Best regards,
Jiansheng Cui
Doctoral Candidate
Office A238, Epsom Campus
School of Curriculum and Pedagogy
Faculty of Education
The University of Auckland
j.cui@auckland.ac.nz
+64 9 373 7599 extn. 48779

APPROVED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND HUMAN PARTICIPANTS ETHICS COMMITTEE ON 07 April 2015 FOR 3 YEARS, REFERENCE NUMBER 013436

Replies

• Julie Mclaughlin (View all users posts) 03 Jun 2016 8:55pm ()

I participated in this study today. Jiansheng is very easy to talk to and it was a great experience to reflect on my practise and think about how I am using BYOD. Am I using the devices the best way possible? It made me think about what other professional development, research or readings are out there that will help me teach better and lead my syndicate better.
    Thank you for the opportunity and I look forward to your findings.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.