Search

Workshops and ILP (Innovative Learning Practice) or MLP (Modern Learning Practice

Started by terrywithers 18 Nov 2015 6:46pm () Replies (15)

kia ora I am currently leading a group of teachers in changing the way that we teach and moving towards a ILP - I have heard a lot about workshops, and was wondering if anyone could give me more detail about how they are run.

There is a big focus on ILE but no so much on the practice behind it.  It would be great if teachers who have already changed their practice to support ILE, could share their ideas, successes and mistakes.  Does anyone know of a blog page where someone has already set this up?

Replies

• terrywithers (View all users posts) 18 Nov 2015 7:19pm ()

THanks for that Christine, I will digest this tonight.  Do you run workshops each at the same time or just one?  I get the first bit, that makes sense.  Appreciated.

CHeers

Terry

• terrywithers (View all users posts) 19 Nov 2015 5:11pm ()

Yes please, that would be great.  We are currently using google docs (went BYOD this year), on the teacher dashboard.  Been wanting to take it a step further and set up a google site and introduce workshops.  Be interesting to see how you get the students to create potential workshops.  I will email you tonight.  Thanks for the support

• terrywithers (View all users posts) 19 Nov 2015 5:13pm ()

Hi Jacinda - do you do workshops?  Are you working towards a more ILP or?  Be great to get more ideas.

Cheers

• terrywithers (View all users posts) 19 Nov 2015 5:16pm ()

Hi Christine, is this your weekly timetable too - for your planner?  Sorry, if you run workshops - do you still have to do a reading/writing/maths timetable - or is this all included on the workshop information?

THanks again

Terry

• terrywithers (View all users posts) 22 Nov 2015 9:19am ()

I believe it is innovative learning practices. As you know MLE is now ILE, but I wanted to look at the whole picture (not just the environment) - got this from the ILE website.  Could be wrong though - they keep changing and reinventing the words...

Join this group to contribute to discussions.