Search

Blogger junior

Started by Eve Jones 30 Oct 2015 11:46am () Replies (13)

Has anyone used the Blogger junior Ap with a junior classroom? I am thinking about downloading the Itunes Ap but would like to know if its worth it?

Replies

• Wendy Parkes (View all users posts) 30 Oct 2015 4:28pm ()

Hi there

I use Blogger Junior in our New Entrant class.  We use it for sharing our writing and reading our stories direct to our blogs.  My kids are new to school ( oldest is a July entry) and they are able to do this independently and with ease.  All posts are drafts so I can check them before we post public.  I also find it so easy to use when posting to our class blog when I want to share a class activity.  Go for it - you will use it!  Check out our blog   http://2015frankleyroom5.blogspot.co.nz/ and you can see it being used in action!

• Eve Jones (View all users posts) 31 Oct 2015 4:38pm ()

Thank you! Love the Blog

• Marnel van der Spuy (View all users posts) 02 Nov 2015 9:35am ()

Hi Eve

Thank you for starting this discussion!

I am also in the process of looking into using Easy Blogger junior with my learners!

Cheers! smiley

• Marnel van der Spuy (View all users posts) 02 Nov 2015 9:33am ()

Hi Wendy

Thank you for contributing to this discussion!

I am also looking at using Easy Blogger junior with my Year 1 learners. We've used Kidblog until September, but now have to pay for it and I am not entirely happy with all their changes. To help us getting through the year, I've created weebly blogs for my learners, but find it too complicated for them to use.

I think Easy Blogger junior will definitely be the way to go! I would like to hear more about how you set up your students' blogger account to link to your class blog, please. Do they need to log in or does everything work through Easy Blogger junior?

Cheers! smiley  

• Wendy Parkes (View all users posts) 02 Nov 2015 8:51pm ()

Hi

Merryl has answered the question re linking the post directly to the blogs - Thanks Merryl!  All our children have to do is find their picture or their name press it  and follow the directions - which are 5yr old friendly!  It is just so easy and so effective! 

• Viv Hall (View all users posts) 02 Nov 2015 10:53am ()

Hi Wendy, Eve & Marnel

As a coach in my last school, I used Easy Blogger Junior with older students as an 'easy entry' level to blogging with specific groups. In this scenario they shared iPads amongst a Year group with 4 classes.  Easy Blogger Junior meant easy access for the groups, we appointed " editors' ' blog designers' etc who were responsible for 'managing' the blogs through Blogger on iMacs.  For a group of teachers, starting out with blogging  as a tool for students learning, they were more comfortable with this process than individual students blogs.   The app is easy to set up and simple for students to use, it is also a very inclusive app.

• Marnel van der Spuy (View all users posts) 02 Nov 2015 7:52pm ()

Hi Viv

Thank you so much for your reply and for sharing your experiences with Easy Blogger Junior. I am wondering if a student can post from their Easy Blogger Junior 'profile' directly onto their individual blogger blog?

Cheers! smiley

• merryl (View all users posts) 02 Nov 2015 8:05pm ()

Yes ...

I have Year 5/6. We have a class gmail account and this has author writes to all class individual blogs. Easybloggerjunior is set up under the class gmail account so it's easy fro kids to post to their own blog.

This support site helps too.

http://www.theeasyappcompany.com/support/easy-blogger-jr-2/

Merryl

• Marnel van der Spuy (View all users posts) 03 Nov 2015 7:26pm ()

Hi Merryl

Thank you so much for your feedback on how you are using Easy Blogger Junior and for the link to the support site that you've shared with us!

Much appreciated!

Cheers! smiley

• Christina Roberts (View all users posts) 01 Sep 2016 5:08pm ()

Hi there,

I am aware of the date of this post, but am very interested.

I have never used Blogger Junior before, but based on what I have read above, it looks like it will work well to communicate to our whanau and the prior ECE centres that our children were a part of.

Have any of you used this for communication back to ECE centres?

Nga mihi

• Marnel van der Spuy (View all users posts) 01 Sep 2016 7:29pm ()

Hi Christina

I've started using Easy Blogger Jr with my Year 1 students at the start of this year. What I found to be worthwhile is that they can 'take' their blog with them to the next year group / class. Their blogs also have links on our class blog, which parents can easily view.

I am not sure what you mean with using it for "communication back to ECE centres", but if ECE are interested to see what their prior students are able to do [now], they too can view the blogs, as it is public.

Hope this helps! smiley

• Christina Roberts (View all users posts) 01 Sep 2016 7:37pm ()

Evening Marnel,

That is exactly what I am referring to when I speak about "communication back to ECE centres". For our class, we fully understand that learning begins from birth, and for our children who attended ECE centres, their ECE centre contributed, in one way or another, to the person that that child is today.

Within our school, we already receive portfolios about our children and their learning in ECE centres. After discussions, our ECE and their friends at ECE, with parental consent, have said that they would love to see how they have transitioned to school and a little about their learning. We are working on developing a positive relationship with our fellow centres and this type of communication is one way of doing this.

I look forward to delving further into this!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.