Search

PLD for Google Admin

• Public
Started by Sasha 20 Oct 2015 3:27pm () Replies (5)

Hi

We are a GAFE school and most of us have a handle on using the tools well. Now my Principal and I would like some PLD in the administrator side of google to make sure we're getting the 'back end' stuff right. Things like moving from a school based server to the cloud and who documents should be filed under, etc. Is there anyone out there, or can you suggest anyone, that might be able to provide that sort of PD for us???

Replies

• Hamish McLean (View all users posts) 20 Oct 2015 3:31pm ()

You might want to email Mike Reading.  He runs workshops on all things google.  Is a Google Certified Teacher too.

mike@teacherstraining.com.au 

@MikeReading

or google him.  He runs workshops on all things google. It would be cheaper to attend on his workshops instead of getting him to your school though.

Do you use teacher dashboard?  run by Hapara?

You could ask them to send a rep down and they would then help you with what you don't know... be very helpful and free...  as long as you then went with their software, at $3 per student.  It is very good.  and saves a lot of time.  

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 20 Oct 2015 4:16pm ()

Where are you, Sasha.  There are several of us Certified Google Education Trainers in New Zealand who might be able to help.

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 20 Oct 2015 4:41pm ()

If you would like to find who are the Google For Education Trainers and Certified Innovators you can search for them by location on the directory site.

I suggest you search for Auckland or Christchurch as your location to give you an idea of where people are located.

https://edudirectory.withgoogle.com/en

For the South Island in the way of Google for Education Trainers there is only me now as John Keelty has gone off to teach in a hot country and Tania Coutts actually lives north of Auckland but there is more of a choice in the North Island.

And Rob Clark does Google Workshops too.

• Sasha (View all users posts) 20 Oct 2015 4:50pm ()

Sorry, forgot to say that we're in Taranaki :) 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.