Search

Collaborative Practice - mixing up the way we do things

• Public
Started by Kim Proffit 06 Oct 2015 1:37pm () Replies (4)

Hello.

I am a team leader with 7 New Entrant / Year One classes currently working within 2 ILE's.  This will be our third term in and now that the dust has settled,  we are quite keen as a team to carry out an inquiry into what effective collaborative practice looks like and experiment a bit for Term 4.  We work closely together now,  in that our classes are all mixed together and streamed for Literacy and Numeracy.  We teach in 5 week blocks so after a term and a half we have worked with each child in the ILE in Reading, Writing and Maths. Needless to say we have to collaborate with planning & are in constant communication to keep track of all the students etc.  I guess most of what we do is parallel teaching though.  I am looking for any suggestions of readings / resources / academia that my team can do a bit of research from first, before planning and experimenting with our practice to really make the most of the spaces and learning opportunities for the students.

Replies

• Cassandra Heilbrunn (View all users posts) 15 Nov 2015 4:24pm ()

Hi, I have just joined this site and group recently and have been reading discussions about collaborative teaching and I'm finding this one in particular very interesting. Next year I will be teaching in this situation with 3 classes of Year 3/4. I haven't worked in a traditional collaborative teaching environment but my syndicate this year does work together for many subjects and we stream for reading and numeracy. Probably more parallel teaching. Next year however we would like to stream and collaborate on all levels. Do you have any suggestions as to how we could best begin this? Also we don't have an open learning space we have three classrooms that have connecting doors, do you think this could effect the quality of collaboration? (separate rooms rather then one space).

Thank you. Casey

Join this group to contribute to discussions.