Search

Digital Dark Ages - keeping track of photos

Started by Robyn Wood 11 May 2015 10:00am () Replies (4)

I'm not sure if I'm in the 'right' group to raise this or not.  I have just finished reading the article Are you keeping track of our school's data?  in the May issue of  INTERFACE.  Each year we used to keep a photographic record of the different events that occurred in our school on our intranet, however since we have moved to the cloud, we have dropped this practice and as a result have 'lost' several years worth of photographs.  Can anyone tell me how they are storing photos in their school so that come their next anniversary/jubilee they will have photos to use?

Replies

• Suzanne Pidduck (View all users posts) 15 May 2015 10:49am ()

We decided to put quite a formal process in place for the exact reasons that you state. We use a google drive initially for the first month after an event. After students have had a chance to look at them, download the ones they want etc, we then cull the photos to the ones we want to keep. These are then archived on an external hard-drive and backed up. We are currently looking at different cloud storage options.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.