Search

My students want to create a website?

• Public
Started by NicolaC 09 May 2015 5:45pm () Replies (8)

Hi

My year 4,5, and 6 students have asked to learn how to create a website. I've played around with different ways over the years but would love some current insight. 

I'd like to show their process of learning through our latest Inquiry. Somehow I would like a journey shown not a result. These are the features I'd prefer:

Video is easily added - I have many video clips of them debating, questioning, working together, thinking out loud etc and we use Explain Everything which I'd like to include.

Students can create the 'look' of it easily and contribute and comment, maybe create their own parts with different looks. Perhaps their opinions on an aspect can be recorded in voice as well as text?

Other things we use integrated easily eg Brainstorms, voice threads.....

We use Google Apps and have a 'Site' where students go for maths, Inquiry sites etc but I find it very linear and not visually appealing enough for this project.

Would really appreciate any assistance.

Thank you kindly

Nicola

Replies

• NicolaC (View all users posts) 09 May 2015 8:09pm ()

They look amazing - thank you. Will have a better play with sites. 

Kind regards Nicola

• NicolaC (View all users posts) 10 May 2015 11:09am ()

Thanks for suggesting this. It looks easy to use. Is it possible to create more than one website on the free account? Have you tried each student creating their own website using their school email addresses? Have you discovered any pitfalls of using it free without an upgrade?

Thanks

Nicola

• NicolaC (View all users posts) 13 May 2015 10:18am ()

Thanks Mark.

Interestingly I got carried away sorting  and purifying (viewpure.com) all the student video clips over the weekend and then went to place them on our google site to discover I couldn't except making them a clickable link. I could only embed them as a 'youtube'. 

However thanks to all you lovely responders (my first ever post!) my students are so excited about the possibilities for sharing their Inquiry focuses. Many have opted to learn how to create a place to share their discoveries. Will keep you posted with progress.

Kind regards Nicola

Join this group to contribute to discussions.