Search

effective methods of collaboration between students

• Public
Started by Teejay 07 May 2015 10:22pm () Replies (3)

Just wondering if anyone has had success with any digital and collaborative tools that have aided students during their inquiries?

Replies

• Aaron MacKinnon (View all users posts) 15 Jan 2016 12:56pm ()

Hello Teejay, 

This past year my students completely blew me away with their inquiries.  Students were given the option of working collaboratively and they jumped at the opportunity to not only share their ideas with each other, but to work together when it came to learning about their topics and answering their questions.  Some of the more innovative and interesting digital apps that the students used, included, Popplet, Piktochart, Storybird and Storyboard That.  They also quite liked using MakeMyMovie.

• kim pewhairangi (View all users posts) 18 Jan 2016 3:21pm ()

Hi, am interested in this as well. Currently we use Google docs and slides, and my students quickly learned how to share with one another and enjoyed this new sharing, collaboration, in writing in particular. Would like to know of other ways to engage collaboratively in their inquiries, especially to engage with whanau and wider learning communities. A colleague has used Blendspace with her students and I intend to trial this with my students this year. 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.