Search

App options on different platforms

• Public
Started by Anya Kendal 04 May 2015 5:04pm () Replies (6)

Hi Everyone,

Prior to our BYOD trial initiative, all of our devices were Ipads -specifically one for each class and we quickly discovered the use for apps such as:

-Show Me
-Educreations
-Fotobabble

With BYOD we now we have a range of devices and need multiplatform apps as we dont want the message to parents to inadvertently be we only support apple because we promote apps only on that platform

Can anyone else further down the track recommend similar applications that arent apple.

Ideas and feedback much appreciated

Replies

• Josh Harding (View all users posts) 04 May 2015 5:49pm ()

Explain everything is like show me but better and works on both android and apple. 

• Anya Kendal (View all users posts) 05 May 2015 9:31am ()

Brilliant,  

Much appreciated!

• Monika Kern (View all users posts) 06 May 2015 12:16pm ()

Hi Anya,

Here are two docs I have about cross-platform apps:

Cross Platform 30 Power Apps by Kyle Brumbaugh

iPad apps that are also on Android by Tony Vincent (April 2014)

Maybe you find these useful. Just a little side note, I have been alerted by a number of people now that Show me is not suitable for learners under 13 (something in the T&C?)

Thanks, Monika

• Anya Kendal (View all users posts) 06 May 2015 3:27pm ()

Thanks Monika

I do appreciate the time taken to respond.

For anyone else wondering about the T&Cs for Show Me that Monika referred to in the above. I have copied them below so you can read without searching.  

Thanks everyone

Information You Provide to Us:

Children’s Personal Information:

ShowMe collects limited information from individuals under the age of 13 (“child” or “children”). During registration, we collect full name, a username, password, email address, birthday, location, a parent's e-mail address and one or more ShowMe interactive whiteboard presentation(s). We consider the full name and email address, as well as any other individually identifiable information about an individual under the age of 13 which we collect online, to be “Children’s Personal Information”. We review the usernames and ShowMe’s for Children’s Personal Information and for any objectionable or inappropriate content. If there is none, we make the ShowMe’s public along with the child’s username.

We then request parental approval for the registration and for the collection of additional information from the child by sending an email to the provided parent’s email address. We will then display the child’s city and state along with the child’s ShowMes. We never disclose Children’s Personal Information to third parties.

If the parent decides to cancel the child’s registration, they may do so at any time. If the parent cancels the registration, we will delete all the information that the child has provided to us, and the child will not be permitted to use certain features of the ShowMe site.

If you are a child, you may not send any Children’s Personal Information about yourself to us, other than what we request from you when you sign up for the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected Children’s Personal Information from a student without parental consent, or if we learn a student has provided us Children’s Personal Information beyond what we requested during registration for the Website (i.e. full name and email address), we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child may have provided us Children’s Personal Information beyond what is requested when signing up for the Website, or that a child has not obtained parental consent, please contact us at info@showme.com.

Information Provided by Users Age 13 and Older:

We receive and store any information you knowingly enter on the Website, whether via computer, mobile phone, other wireless device, or that you provide to us in any other way. This information may include your name, email address, birthday, password, school affiliation, friend lists, teacher’s name, location, photo, bio and any other information necessary for us to provide our services (“Personal Information”). You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of one or more of our features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, customizing the content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. You may modify or remove your Personal Information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your profile and/or account information.

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 12 May 2015 3:10pm ()

Hi Anya, I love the VLN, but what I love the most is the search feature. I typed in Android Apps and found some top hits for you.

Screenshot of search

There some for Te Reo, some for digital story telling, some creative apps and some for collaboration. It all comes down to the appropriateness -  in terms of the particular needs of your learners.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.