Search

Loading video onto youtube

• Public
Started by Anne Bunton 07 Mar 2015 1:13pm () Replies (6)

HI there,

I am trying up upload a couple of videos into a private space on you tube so I can put them onto my blog spot.  The videos were recorded on an ipad then down loaded onto my Mac.  You tube say the videos are in the wrong format but I cant work out how to change the format.  Tried downloading Free WebM video converter but i dont' think it is for Mac's.  I have also tried to up load the videos directly to my blog that it doesn't work either.  Can anyone help?!

Thanks

Anne

Replies

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 07 Mar 2015 3:59pm ()

What format are the videos in now?  When you look at the detail of the files, it should tell you.

This info  might help.  

Alteratively, If the video is on the ipad still you can upload it straight to youtube from there (after signing in to your channel, or even into your Google Drive.  

• Diana Greig (View all users posts) 20 Mar 2015 8:34am ()

Anne  I am not sure I can help with your question as I am only using a PC but I have loaded heaps of videos onto youtube. I was able to change the format of some videos to use on Aurasma - from MPGs to mp4s using movie maker.  It as quite quick to convert them.

I have another problem.  I loaded heaps of videos to youtube last year and embedded them on our class blog. I have started to do the same but they will not open and I get the message "This video is unavailable in safety mode."  Even our administrator has been unable to change the settings.  Can anyone help with this?

Diana

• Hamish McLean (View all users posts) 20 Mar 2015 8:39am ()

Diana,

Down the bottom of your browser, along the edge there are a few options. One is 'safety mode' so you'll need to turn that off to watch the clip. But that will then allow full access to all youtube videos.

Safety mode restricts all content deemed 13+ years, not watchable.

• Diana Greig (View all users posts) 20 Mar 2015 9:00am ()

Thanks for your prompt reply Hamish.  However, I did this last year and it worked but it is not letting us do it this year.  Our administrator has just said she will contact google help to see if we can change our school settings.  I can assure you there is nothing 13+ rated about my children's book creator videos!

Diana

• Hamish McLean (View all users posts) 20 Mar 2015 9:05am ()

Ha ha... Of course! I'm not aware of any YouTube setting other than restricting use to various groups within the admin console.   Be interested to know. 

Do you have filtering? are you on the N4L internet provider? That will effect your access to youtube.  

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

Help

Help

This group is a place to find or request help in the VLN.