Search

Kids helping each other out- Kidsbookchat on Twitter

• Public
Started by Bridget Compton-Moen 05 Mar 2015 4:53pm () Replies (1)

Hi everyone, 

Last year my Y8s started a book chat on twitter because they wanted to get recommendations for our 40 Book Challenge from other kids around NZ. My class this year are really keen to continue this as they found it so valuable.

It is on the #kidsbookchat hashtag and is a great activity for either your whole class to take part in or a small reading group to join during their independent reading time. Today we had a very general chat about favourite summer reads etc but two weeks from today we are going to discuss a genre as chosen by our student moderators. 

We'd love you to join us. All it takes is a class twitter account (set-up 5 mins) which all kids can log into and tweet from. We post our questions on our class blog so you can discuss the questions prior to the chat but this really isn't necessary. 

http://8cshs.blogspot.co.nz/2015/02/join-us-for-first-kidsbookchat-of-2015.html

We will continue with a fortnightly chats but I have had some requests to alternate the day as Thursday doesn't work for some classes so I will get back to you with a time. Please don't hesitate to contact us via our blog if you are interested- we'd love to chat with your learners about books. 

Bridget Compton-Moen, Christchurch

Join this group to contribute to discussions.