Search

A big thank you!

• Public
Started by cathie zelas 01 Feb 2015 2:19pm () Replies (2)

Hi Mark

One of your Core colleagues alerted me to your wonderful kete of resources on Teaching as Inquiry. Thank you so much for putting it all together! I'm doing NAPP this year and my leadership inquiry is "How can I lead change to effectively strengthen and further embed Teaching as Inquiry to support teacher professional learning and achievement of priority learners?"

As you can imagine I'm intending to make good use of the resource collection here!

I've read quite extensively on the topic and now would be interested in any practical advice from others further down the track e.g. what is a good simple template for staff to use for their first inquiry? First time around should we try individual inquiries or allow group ones too? I can see the huge benefits of collaboration with a group inquiry but am also aware of wanting to have all teachers very active participants and not have any passengers.

Cheers

Cathie

Replies

• Mark Maddren (View all users posts) 02 Feb 2015 10:04am ()

Thank you Cathie, I just pulled together all the resources that were spread far and wide. We often are time poor so I hoped this group might be a one stop shop.

I look forward to following your progress. Under the Models of Teaching as Inquiry - Inquiry Spiral - there are a couple of templates created by Ray Burkhill and Janelle Riki that may be helpful with teachers.

Group inquiries can be very powerful if the individuals also include a place for self reflection through a blog or doc etc. Sometime a passenger the first time becomes a driver next time.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.