Search

Google Docs for Teacher Appraisal/Registered Teacher Criteria - Inquiry

Started by Nix 19 Jan 2015 9:47pm () Replies (27)

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone out there is using google docs as a form of teacher appraisal to meet the registered teacher criteria.  If anyone is willing to share the way that they or their school use it that would be greatly appreciated.  We have been exploring my portfolio as another option with the intent to move away from the traditional paper form.  Thanks in advance 

Replies

• Mark Callagher (View all users posts) 20 Jan 2015 5:14pm ()

Hi, Palmy Boys' High have used Google Docs templates for Teacher Appraisal integrated with Teaching Inquiry via Professional Learning Groups (PLG's). This was successfully completed with the focus on SOLO Taxonomy Inquiries in Dept PLGs in 2014.

Last year was my final year at Palmy Boys' High but I have gained permission to share the Google Doc templates here in this shared Google Folder which you may find of some use.

Enjoy.

• Mark Callagher (View all users posts) 20 Jan 2015 8:34pm ()

Tim makes some strong points about the choice of Technology. I concur that when moving teachers from paperless systems to digital, we need to consider that the technology should not be a barrier. I agree that using Google Docs is a good first step, and later moving those who gain confidence onto a Google Site for a portfolio (collecting and hyper-linking their docs and other evidence such as videos etc) sounds like a great option. However, jumping straight into Sites could be a bit much for those that have little experience with technology.

Having been an E-Learning Facilitator at two schools now, I must say I find people have found Google Docs the easiest technology to pick up including understanding its purpose (online storage, and collaboration). The technology quickly recedes into the background and lets the task become the focus, whether administration or learning.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.