Search

Study/research in 2015

• Public
Started by Nathaniel Louwrens 06 Jan 2015 10:18am () Replies (2)

Happy New Year everyone!

If you're beginning or continuing study or research throughout 2015, why don't you share what you're studying here. You might find some similarities and/or make some connections with others with similar foci/interests as yourself.

Looking forward to hearing about what you're doing this year!

Cheers
Nathaniel

Replies

• Anjela Webster (View all users posts) 28 Mar 2015 12:33pm ()

Hiya anyone (everyone :)

It's been awhile since I posted on here. What a lot of change I have encountered since then! I am now fulltime studying this year, working on my thesis to complete my M.Ed. through Waikato Uni.  I am also working on building my consultancy to schools and organizations, titled 'Wired and Wise', which offers forums and workshops for parents, staff, and students in Primary, Intermediate and High Schools, on all things cyber - safety, citizenship, and literacies.  For many years now I've taught, held leadership roles, raised daughters, offered for koha my workshops and forums to schools in Hawkes Bay, and juggled Post Grad study. My husband and I made the decision to both step back and both take up fulltime study. We are also relocating back to Auckland to be closer to family after 11 fabulous years in the Bay. So, lots of change.

I am doing my thesis on preteens and a cyber-related focus. I've undertaken my qualitative research at 3 schools in HB, (60 participants), and have a focus group to undertake after the school holidays. It has been a fascinating process. I am now in the throws of analyzing data, to inform questions I will consider for the focus group.

If anyone is based in H.Bay or Auckland, and you're fulltime studying doing distance learning, and feeling out of a professional loop, and want to meet for a coffee anytime, email me, or drop a line in on this forum, and we can create a big of a meet to open up our worlds.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

cheers

Anjela Webster

Join this group to contribute to discussions.