Search

Chromebook vs Ipads

• Public
Started by Kate Crawford 02 Dec 2014 1:14pm () Replies (6)

Kia Ora Koutou

We are in the process of purchasing new devices for our Year 7/8 classes for 2015.

I am wanting to know what peoples views/experiences are with using either Chromebooks or ipads?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of using them.

Kia ora ano

Replies

• Jacinda Panther (View all users posts) 02 Dec 2014 3:18pm ()

I have a 1:1 class of Year 5/6's and we use Chromebooks. We LOVE them. Most of the apps or programmes that we would use on a laptop or ipad have similar chrome extensions or apps. 

We have used wevideo this year or screencastify to create movies or presentations. While it's not easy taking photos using the chromebook it is possible. We also use the ipads (or my iphone) to take the photos which very quickly get emailed to themselves to use in movies or presentations. 

Chromebooks are amazing for using google drive (far better than the ipad app) and we use screencastify or educreations (via the web) in place of explain everything or show me.

I have found the children in my class have become much better at problem solving when they know there is no equivalent app and they search the chrome store or web to find something that does the same job. In this way we have found some awesome creative sites that they now use everyday!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.