Search

What does collaboration look like in your own Pacific culture?

• Public
Started by Anthony Faitaua 12 Nov 2014 9:51pm () Replies (2)

Talofa lava,

I have been getting my head around the newish way of teaching and learning these days under the concept of 'collaboration'. Like many Pasifika peoples, when I learn something new, I always refer back to my prior knowledge. The more I learn and observe what real collaboration looks like in a western world, the more I clearly see that it's nothing new to my world as a Samoan. Here's a great example of collaboration from a cluster of 6 schools. Take away technology, and think what collaboration looks like from your culture. Is it really something different to the way we live from the past, present and future or are we hiding behind a smokescreen and see what unfolds in front of our eyes? I have a fair idea of what I think but would really love to hear your thoughts.

Replies

• Phoebe Fabricius (View all users posts) 13 Nov 2014 10:18am ()

Hi Anthony, I worked with Mt Roskill cluster in 2010 and they were on the start to do great things.  Some of what they are doing now was where they wanted to be and it is AWESOME that they are still together and have really developed the relationships from school, teachers, students and parents.  A great collaboration success story.  A great resource for schools to aspire to.  I have linked several of my clusters to this site, so they may see it in action.  Thanks for this.  See you soon. :-)

Join this group to contribute to discussions.