Search

e-asTTle

• Public
Started by Suzie Vesper 01 Nov 2014 11:26pm () Replies (4)

Hi all,

Wow - where did this year go? Can't believe that we in the fourth term. I imagine that we are all in the thick of report writing. We've just run some asttle tests using the online portal. Generally, I think this is helpful (particularly for teacher workload) but wondered what people thought of doing the reading online. I think it would be really helpful to be able to print off a set of the texts contained in the test so that the kids don't have to scroll up and down (especially on a slightly smaller screen like a Chromebook). What have other people's experiences been with e-asttle?

Replies

• Suzie Vesper (View all users posts) 02 Nov 2014 11:45pm ()

For us, the issue wasn't reliability. We didn't get kicked off at all so I'd have to say e-asTTle was working for us. The issue more for me is that the way the text and the questions are displayed on the screen seems pretty clunky to me. You have to scroll up in down in the top half of the screen to read the text and the bottom half of the screen for the questions. While you can drag the area of each bigger or smaller, it is a bit of a hassle for the kids to navigate and I think they may have done better having the full text printed out next to them to make this a little simpler. I just wondered if anyone else felt this way too.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.