Search

iOS8 issues

• Public
Started by Claire Oram 30 Sep 2014 2:10pm () Replies (4)

I'm not sure what success other users are having with iOS8 but it is creating a few issues so be careful before you update your iPad. Lots of our apps and some settings are no longer working correctly, including Clicker Sentences and Guided Access. My own iPad crashed and looks like it might need a hard reset. I would suggest waiting until more of the developers have fixed the compatability issues with the new operating system.

On the plus side it does have some great new accessability features.

Replies

• Michelle Simms (View all users posts) 30 Sep 2014 2:46pm ()

Hi Claire,

What kind of iPads do you have?  I have heard that there is a problem with ios8 and iPad 2s. I have a 4 and guided access works OK. There is even a timer on it now which is pretty cool.

• Claire Oram (View all users posts) 01 Oct 2014 4:00pm ()

Hi Michelle.

The problems are with a mix of iPads, some iPads 2 and some newer models. It worked on my phone and I'm loving all the new accessability options, I haven't trailled the new Guided Access timer feature yet so I must give it a go tonight. Cheers

• Arvind (View all users posts) 06 Oct 2014 8:22pm ()

It isn't unusual for major new versions of operating systems to have bugs, but Apple is pretty good at releasing fixes quickly (It also happened with IOS 6 and 7). As for apps not working correctly, it could be either due to iOS 8 bugs or because the apps haven't yet been enhanced for iOS 8. Many developers (e.g. we, for our app Pic Scanner) will test and release compatible versions only after iOS 8 has stabilized and Apple has ironed out most bugs.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.