Search

Let's get the discussion going!

• Public
Started by Aimee 30 Sep 2014 9:06am () Replies (2)

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having an enjoyable holiday so far.  What are you excited about next term?

In our syndicate (120 children - 4 classes) we are doing social action.  I haven't had much success with social action but always willing to try again.  This time we are getting the children to do the following things:

• Timeline their work (8 week window)
  • What learning they are going to get out of it?
  • What learning targets will they achieve?
  • What workshops they will need during their project?
  • What are they going to do when they are waiting on a response from someone?

We are trying to take the emphasis away from fundraising but on actually do something at either class-syndicate-school-community level.

The syndicate teachers are going to be assigned groups for them to be their mentor teacher for this project and looking to use Google Classroom to keep the communication going.

Pretty excited!  Has anyone else have had any success with social action?  What are you teaching this term?

Replies

• Roxy Hickman (View all users posts) 30 Sep 2014 11:42am ()

Connected Educator Month

As I don't have a class of my own - I am looking forward to CONNECTED Educator Month 

For the month of October there are many online discussions, webinars, twitter chats, blogs, etc etc to link up with other education professionals worldwide. 

Aimee your plan for social action sounds really collaborative. It would be awesome to share your students learning collaboration as they work through this unit. Maybe you could share some photos and videos with us as the term progresses. 

Looking forward to hearing what others are doing!

Roxy

Join this group to contribute to discussions.