Search

Overviews - Assessments

• Public
Started by Judith Smallbone 26 Aug 2014 3:21pm () Replies (2)

Hi, thank you for all the good ideas - I have been reading lots and would love to move to sharing more of my planning with students, I try to run a personalised programme...but there is lots more to do.

I am revising our Year Plan at the moment for Year 7 and 8 and Years 9 and 10 in English. I would be really interested in hearing how other schools are timing assessments ie: eAsTTLe reading/writing, STAR and anything else...don't want too many...but do want useful Smile

Replies

• Louise Tredinnick (View all users posts) 27 Aug 2014 10:40am ()

Hi Judith 

We do an e-asTTle at the beginning of the year and another one at the end of term 3 so that we have a sense of comparison and therefore can track progress.  Of course a different text type is used so the first assessment may be a prior knowedge text type and the end of Term 3 one may end up being a summative text type if that was taught during the term - so like anything there is a margin of error.  Overall though I think judgements can be made and certainly the first e-asTTle is so useful for 'next learning steps' I came across a document once that aligned the STAR assessment results for each subgroup with learning intentions and explicit teaching which was really great.

Cheers

Louise

Join this group to contribute to discussions.