Search

#ptchatnz NZ Parent/Teacher chat forum

• Public
Started by Karla Hull 01 Aug 2014 3:35pm () Replies (5)

#ptchatnz is a chat forum on twitter set up for the purpose of engaging parents in discussion with teachers/educators on topics of interest, using social media.  (Twitter)   Not only to make connections with our own school parents, but to also encourage connections with parents, nationwide.  

To particpate, follow @hull_karla & @imagineNPS for regular updates.  Here is a link to a guide for parents on how to join in or for educators that are new to twitter.  #ptchatnz guide   We hope to have robust, interactive discussions on a variety of topics,  once a fortnight. If you know of any parents on twitter, please share. 

Replies

• Karla Hull (View all users posts) 01 Sep 2014 7:27pm ()

Our next parent/educator twitter chat is this Tuesday 2nd September, 8.30-9.30pm.  Topic:  Homework.  Our last chat was fantastic.  We are hoping to have even more parents join us this week.  So, if you know of any parents who would be interested in joining us, please share!

• Karla Hull (View all users posts) 14 Aug 2014 9:24pm ()

#ptchatnz NZ Parent/Teacher chat forum

• Karla Hull (View all users posts) 07 Aug 2014 2:55pm ()

Thanks, Tessa.  We had a successful #ptchatnz this week, with a lot of new interest.  Thanks for the retweet.  I will keep promoting on twitter through @hull_karla.  I have created a form for parents/educators that are interested, so that I can gather email addresses to also keep everyone informed via email.  I have also created a google+ community called - ptchatnz.  So the next #ptchatnz twitter chat is Aug 19th.  Thanks for your interest :) 

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 07 Aug 2014 11:42am ()

This is fantastic initiative thanks a lot for sharing Karla. We've added this to the latest e-Learning round-up and I've retweeted and hopefully others are letting their wider school community know as well. Laughing

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

Beyond the Classroom

Beyond the Classroom

Beyond the classroom - Connecting school to the wider community with and about technologies.