Search

NEW: A national strategic plan for science and technology in society

Kia ora koutou, good news for Science advocates!

The Ministry of Innovation, Business and Employment have released a report on science and technologyIt reads...

A Nation of Curious Minds - He Whenua Hihiri i te Mahara

A national strategic plan for science in society

On 29 July 2014, Minister of Science and Innovation, Hon Steven Joyce, and Minister of Education, Hon Hekia Parata, launched the Government’s plan to encourage and enable better engagement with science and technology across New Zealand society.

The plan, A Nation of Curious Minds – He Whenua Hihiri i te Mahara, recognises the important role scientific knowledge and innovation play in our lives and in creating and defining New Zealand’s future, economically, socially and environmentally.

Download A nation of curious minds – He Whenua Hihiri i te Mahara [PDF 1.22 MB]

A Nation of Curious Minds calls for:

• more science and technology competent learners, and more choosing science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)-related career pathways
  • a more scientifically and technologically engaged public and a more publicly engaged science sector
  • a more skilled workforce and more responsive science and technology.

In light of this, you might like to read a 'good news' story about, Science in primary schools: developing teacher confidence and capability from Anne Barker, Te Toi Tupu.

Replies

Join this group to contribute to discussions.