Search

The Māori Medium e-Learning Planning Framework/Te Rangitukutuku

Started by Kathe Tawhiwhirangi 28 Jul 2014 12:00pm () Replies (9)

Kia ora everyone -as the Māori Medium e-Learning Planning Framework (MMeLPF)/Te Rangitukutuku gains traction in our Maori medium settings, how have you self reviewed your schools e-Capability? Have you used Te Rangitukutuku? or something else? Whatever you have done...has it been useful to date? Please share your stories so that we can all benefit from your journeys :-)

Replies

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 12 Aug 2014 11:17am ()

Kia ora 

Nō Hokianga

Ngāpuhi te iwi hii haa hii!

He kaimahi ahau mō te tīma Learning with Digital Technologies hoki.  E tautoko ana ahau i ngā kōrero o aku hoamahi.

I have used paper versions of Te Rangitukutuku and I have also created Google doc versions of Te Rangitukutuku. I tend to use a selected Google doc version (such as the Personal positioning version) as I like to encourage people I may be working with to get in to complete their positioning straight into the doc. I insert a row between the Reo and English explanations and ask kaiako to indicate their positioning by typing their name straight in to the doc.  For most it's a first time experience of working collaboratively on a google doc.  The conversations still happen and as a consequential outcome they receive some purposeful PD around working in a google doc

Discussions are shared about their positioning - and an instant visual is provided.  

Here's an example - It's not the clearest of pics but you'll see I've positioned myself under Te Wahangū:

Hei tauira

Some kaiako can be swayed by the positioning of others when working through this task - but it's best to just continue the discussions - ask that everyone is honest about their positioning, and ensure that everyone feels safe to contribute their true positioning.  

I then provide an action plan template with a prepared example of the 'What next' mahi.

We identify focus areas, and co-construct specific actions to allow kaiako to improve their current positioning to progress through the phases from Te Wahangū to the aspirational phase of Mātau.

One main benefit of working in a google doc version is that Te Rangitukutuku becomes an active, living document that teachers can revisit at anytime to review their positioning.  However I do suggest that a copy of their original positioning is created so that successes about their progress can be shared at another time.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.