Search

The Māori Medium e-Learning Planning Framework/Te Rangitukutuku

Started by Kathe Tawhiwhirangi 28 Jul 2014 12:00pm () Replies (9)

Kia ora everyone -as the Māori Medium e-Learning Planning Framework (MMeLPF)/Te Rangitukutuku gains traction in our Maori medium settings, how have you self reviewed your schools e-Capability? Have you used Te Rangitukutuku? or something else? Whatever you have done...has it been useful to date? Please share your stories so that we can all benefit from your journeys :-)

Replies

• Janelle Riki (View all users posts) 12 Aug 2014 3:31pm ()

Kia ora koutou,

Ko Janelle Riki ahau.  I am also a facilitator in the Learning with Digital Technologies contract.  I have used Te Rangitukutuku with several of my kura now and found it to be an extremely powerful review tool for kura and their whānau.  My kura were involved in the pilot programme and placed themselves on the rubric at the very beginning of their journey.  They are now about to embark on another review using the new and improved Te Rangitukutuku online survey to ascertain where they have made gains in terms of progress and also highlight areas of further development.  This tool can be utilsed to continually review progress in relation to e-Learning to ensure that strategic plans are current and are hitting the right spots in relation to professional development for kaiako and ensuring home-school partnerships are having an impact on the kura's strategic direction.  Ngā mihi.

• Janelle Riki (View all users posts) 09 Sep 2014 1:00pm ()

Tēnā koe Min,

Nau mai ki te VLN!  He pātai pai tēnei e pa ana ki te Rangitukutuku.  I have found that the paper copy of Te Rangitukutuku can be really helpful to have alongside you as you work through the online survey.  They are both wonderful resources.  The online survey produces some amazing data which can be the basis for some really rich kōrero amongst staff.  The paper version can allow opportunties for staff to discuss various questions and share their thoughts about how their kura is doing and future next steps.  Basically, I think both tools are wonderful and used together they can be really effective.  

Join this group to contribute to discussions.