Search

iPad apps .

Started by kepa 16 Jul 2014 11:54am () Replies (9)

What are some of the apps you are using in your classrooms post them up here?

also let us know how you're using them as well.

Replies

• Gem Stewart (View all users posts) 16 Jul 2014 12:02pm ()

Tuhituhi - book creator.

Pāngarau - math slide - good for basic fact practice and competition

• Arana te Mahana (View all users posts) 16 Jul 2014 12:05pm ()

Hello Crayon, Hello Pencil, Hello Paint (Te Reo a Waha)

Tokena Karetao (a waha)

Sumdog - Pangarau (ā Ipurangi) 

Ko Telligami tētahi ēngari kāore anō au kia tino mārama ki ōna mahinga. Titiro mai ki tōna āhua ki raro nei:

Study Ladder -Nga Wahanga Ako katoa ā ipurangi  

• kepa (View all users posts) 16 Jul 2014 12:18pm ()

Some cool pangarau apps to teach pattern recognition and angles as well as multiple problem solving strategies.

Kickbox - wordless maths, angles

Big seed - patterns

ixl - all levels and linked to the New Zealand 

• Parani (View all users posts) 16 Jul 2014 1:08pm ()

Anei etahi mea ano:

Yakit Kids (iphone) - He pai tenei mo te Reo-a waha.  Tamariki record their stories, pepeha, etc.  You can use this as a form of assessment as well.

Make dice lite - You can put kupu on dice and then roll the dice and kids use the kupu in a sentence etc

Make dice (Costs) - same as above but you can add more dice, add pictures etc.

Jelly Bean count - helps with colour recognition and grouping of numbers.  Put the jelly beans in their coloured pots.  Use your fingers.

• Te Auta Sam-Turner (View all users posts) 16 Jul 2014 2:33pm ()

Prezi as a alternative powerpoint presentation and we have a smartboard where I access some of the maths games as warm-ups with out Wananga students.

• Nichole Gully (View all users posts) 16 Jul 2014 3:19pm ()

Anei ētahi o ngā pūmanawa i patohia i wāhi kē e koutou 

IPAD APPS:    iMovie       Blogger

Hello Crayon, Hello Pencil, Hello Paint (Te Reo a Waha), GarageBand   PrezTellagami    Khan Academy    QR Reader  Sumdog (Pangarau), Study Ladder,  

Book Creator     Fotobabble     PuppetPals HD    iPhoto    Art Rage Sketcher3D       Slide 1000

Piano Tiles  

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 16 Jul 2014 3:29pm ()

Did you know that there is an iPad/iPod user group on the VLN - instead of me providing the link you may want to find the group and join it.  There is an existing discussion post in that group about iPad apps that have been used to support the learning of Te Reo Māori.  

• Franny Borg (View all users posts) 17 Jul 2014 9:18am ()

Kiaora

Join this group to contribute to discussions.