Search

Whakanuia te wiki o te reo Māori - Celebrate Māori language week

• Public
Started by Anaru White 11 Jul 2014 2:30pm () Replies (8)

Kei ngā kaiwhāngai i ā tātou tamariki, tēnei au te tuku kupu whakamiha ki a koutou.

Te Wiki o te Reo Māori takes place between Monday, 21 July and Sunday, 27 July 2014. The theme for this year is "Te kupu o te wiki, The word of the week". This theme promotes learning te reo Māori throughout the year rather than during just one week.

With te wiki o te reo Māori soon, I have started this kōrero to share resources and stories around the learning and teaching of te reo Māori.

Here is a list of resources to start:

I invite you to share any resources or kōrero associated with this kaupapa.

Anaru

Replies

• Janelle Riki (View all users posts) 21 Jul 2014 10:35am ()

Kia ora e te whānau.  Anei he wero ma tatou i tēnei wiki - te wiki o Te Reo Māori.  Mēnā i rongo koe i tētahi tangata i te hāpori ki te kōrero Māori, whakanui ki a ia i te pukamata, i te tīhau rānei.  Kia ora whānau, social media challenge for all of us this week!  If you hear someone in the public service sector using Te Reo Māori, mihi to them in a social media space - Facebook, Twitter etc.  Don't forget to hashtag #tereo and also acknowledge them in their social media space/page.  Last week some friends and I started by acknowledging Air NZ staff who used Te Reo in their greetings to passengers.  They were totally stoked to have been acknowledged and we posted it on Air NZ's page who were also stoked!  If we give positive feedback to those who are using reo Māori, we will continue to encourage them to do so.  Nā reira whānau - karawhuia mai!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.