Search

Whakanuia te wiki o te reo Māori - Celebrate Māori language week

• Public
Started by Anaru White 11 Jul 2014 2:30pm () Replies (8)

Kei ngā kaiwhāngai i ā tātou tamariki, tēnei au te tuku kupu whakamiha ki a koutou.

Te Wiki o te Reo Māori takes place between Monday, 21 July and Sunday, 27 July 2014. The theme for this year is "Te kupu o te wiki, The word of the week". This theme promotes learning te reo Māori throughout the year rather than during just one week.

With te wiki o te reo Māori soon, I have started this kōrero to share resources and stories around the learning and teaching of te reo Māori.

Here is a list of resources to start:

I invite you to share any resources or kōrero associated with this kaupapa.

Anaru

Replies

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 24 Jul 2014 10:37am ()

Oops nearly forgot>>>

There's some gems (threads, groups) from across the VLN to consider, including previous threads celebrating Māori Language week - some with an e-learning lens:

Why not join this group too: Te Wiki o te Reo Māori which reads,

Here you will find a range of bits'n'pieces promoting Māori Language Week by so and so here and there; by groups here and there; by peeps all over. 

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 24 Jul 2014 10:24am ()

Ko tēnei te Wiki mō te Reo Māori - 50 kupu (words) for 50 wiki (weeks) http://goo.gl/WfQ7uH

Te Kupu o te Wiki 

Te Kupu o te Wiki will introduce 50 new Māori words to the nation over 50 weeks – one new word a week over almost a year. After 50 weeks, New Zealanders will have 50 new Māori words in their vocabulary. 

The wero>>>

• getting involved and having a go!

• encouraging schools you’re working with to get on board too! Encourage schools to invite their staff, students, parents, families, whānau and communities to get involved

• exploring ways you could promote each new kupu (word) each week through your work with schools e.g. emails, staff meetings, newsletters, teaching and learning, and social media

• incorporating te reo Māori, especially the new vocabulary, into everyday language

• follow @reomaori on Twitter, and tweet using #tekupu

• like the facebook page for Te Wiki o te Reo Māori

• checking out and using the resources, including the list of the 50 kupu Māori, that can be found on the Korero Māori website

Thanks Dee Reid for sharing this valuable resource.

• Rachel Whalley (View all users posts) 21 Jul 2014 11:07am ()

Kia ora Janelle

Have been following on twitter #tekupu 

Have asked that if they're tweeting stuff that would be good for our tamariki to tag #tekupukids so that we can set up a twitter stream for them. Hopefully people will pick up on that & generate te reo that can be tweeted straight to our students.

• Janelle Riki (View all users posts) 21 Jul 2014 10:35am ()

Kia ora e te whānau.  Anei he wero ma tatou i tēnei wiki - te wiki o Te Reo Māori.  Mēnā i rongo koe i tētahi tangata i te hāpori ki te kōrero Māori, whakanui ki a ia i te pukamata, i te tīhau rānei.  Kia ora whānau, social media challenge for all of us this week!  If you hear someone in the public service sector using Te Reo Māori, mihi to them in a social media space - Facebook, Twitter etc.  Don't forget to hashtag #tereo and also acknowledge them in their social media space/page.  Last week some friends and I started by acknowledging Air NZ staff who used Te Reo in their greetings to passengers.  They were totally stoked to have been acknowledged and we posted it on Air NZ's page who were also stoked!  If we give positive feedback to those who are using reo Māori, we will continue to encourage them to do so.  Nā reira whānau - karawhuia mai!

• Jane Armstrong Bos (View all users posts) 21 Jul 2014 10:00am ()

Some useful links to check out:

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 12 Jul 2014 6:21am ()

Te reo o Ngāpuhi, te ārero o Ngāpuhi, te hā o te reo o Ngāpuhi -  hii haa hii!

Tirohia te hononga: Te Kura Kaupapa Māori o Kaikohe - Te Reo o te Whānau - Te Marautanga o Aotearoa - Pakiwaitara Marau.

Ko te tumanako kia mau tonu ngā kupu, te mita, te reo, te tangi, te rere hoki o ngā kupu o Ngā Puhi.

• Daphne Papuni (View all users posts) 11 Jul 2014 2:56pm ()

'Ko te kai a te rangatira he kōrero', kia kaha tātou ki te tautoko i tō tātou reo i te ao i te pō :)

Anei anō ētahi rauemi e tautoko ana i te whakaako i tō tātou reo ki rō whānau, kura rānei e whakaako ana mā te huarahi reo Māori, kei te paetukutuku o Mātauranga Māori, kei te whārangi o Te Reo Māori

Join this group to contribute to discussions.