Search

YouTube - Remove Related Videos

Started by Steve Trotter 24 Jun 2014 8:25pm () Replies (11)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the videos to the right of a video that you have uploaded into YouTube? Or to stop the ability to open an embedded video up inside YouTube?

I know how to stop related videos play after your video (when you embed a video into a blog), this does not stop the user clicking "watch in YouTube" while playing the video, and seeing other videos open up besides your video. See example;

YouTube

Is there a different way we need to set up YouTube all together that we are missing that will stop these 'related videos' (and excessive advertisements!)

Thanks

Steve

Replies

• Johan Schnetler (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2014 8:33pm ()

Hi Steve

You could try to copy the "embed" code on youtube and then inserting an iframe on your google site. This way it should not bring any other content :)

Johan

• Steve Trotter (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2014 9:55pm ()

Exactly what I am doing (minus the Google Site part) probem is the 'watch in YouTube buttons in the embedded video.

Thanks anyways

• Nick Gunn (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2014 8:36pm ()

Hi,

Tried safe share TV?

http://safeshare.tv/

You pop the URL of the youtube clip in the site and it opens in a new window with no add, suggestions. . . just the clip.

It's good.

Nick 

• Steve Trotter (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2014 9:53pm ()

I just 'shared' a SafeShare video to Blogger, it created a link to the video, but did not embed the video? Can you embed these videos or only link them? (without having to put in your own iframe embedding code).

Cheers

• Steve Trotter (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2014 10:05pm ()

Finding the answers to my own questions. Under the FAQ on the SafeShare site it says that videos can only be linked - not embedded; but perfect tool if you just wanted to link to a video (but not as nice as having a video sit within a blog).

• Gail Abbitt (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2014 8:52pm ()

Try 'quiet tube' it's an extension for Chrome

• Steve Trotter (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2014 9:46pm ()

Thanks all,

I know how to block the content for myself with Chrome extensions, my problem is when parents and students view the videos embeded on our blogs, they often click on the 'Watch In YouTube' button- (I have no idea why?) and see all this rubbish on the sides.

SafeShare looks great, but it can only link, not embed videos.

• Justine Hughes (View all users posts) 25 Jun 2014 1:22am ()

This is the biggest pain of all!  I think with the original Quietube you used to be able to embed the video as well but YouTube soon 'wised up' and stopped / blocked / blew up?? this feature. Wink  I remember embedding videos using this back in about 2010.  Was absolutely brilliant.

You can also add the Quietube button to your toolbar - I've done this before on the classroom computers etc. gets rid of all the loopy comments too.

• Scott Noakes (View all users posts) 25 Jun 2014 10:41am ()

Hi Steve,

To my knowledge you can't do much around YouTube as its all SSL but In regards to your comment around excessive advertising you can certainly block those on some browsers if they support Adblocking plugins. Unfortunately this will not work for mobile devices such as iPads.

Blocking ads across all devices is one of the features our company Linewize Ltd offer if you're interested, we have a few schools using this feature. Alternatively if your existing firewall offers web filtering you could likely block ads there. 

Cheers Scott.

• Robyn McDougall-Winchester (View all users posts) 06 Aug 2014 7:49pm ()

Hi Steve, have you had any luck. I had the same problem, but fixed it by making it unlisted when you link it to a blog. 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.