Search

pushing out apps to users in my domain

• Public
Started by Nick Gunn 23 Jun 2014 4:32pm () Replies (6)

Hi,

hoping someoen can help.

I manage the domain for my centre. I have been playing with some google apps and would lik to know how to make them available to some of our users.

The domain has staff, and student groups etc. I have looked through the "manage domain" settings but still can't find out how to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Replies

• Rob Clarke (View all users posts) 23 Jun 2014 7:58pm ()

Hi Nick,

You manage the services users have access to via different organisational units - ie. you can turn off Google+ (a shame really) for students, etc.

Try this help article and let me know how you get on...

Rob

• Hamish McLean (View all users posts) 23 Jun 2014 8:36pm ()

Evening Nick,

If I follow your question, then this is what you need to do.

Down the bottom of your Google 'Admin Console' you will have an option to select 'more controls' and then you can select 'other google services' (See embeded content)

1.png

Then you will see all of the services that you have available (there will be some that you have filtered out, or are filted out by default.  You can change that later if you want)

For this example I'm going to use Google's AdSense (see embeded)

2.png

One you have selected your 'service' and there is a drop down box.  As you can see we have this for 'some organisations'.  When you select this option (some organisation) you get an option to make it available for the groups that you have arranged.  (see embeded)

3.png

4.png

So select 'inhereted' or 'overridden', depending on what group you want to be able to access this service.

Then simply click 'Apply' and your done... 

I hope that helps.... 

• Steve Trotter (View all users posts) 23 Jun 2014 9:29pm ()

Just to confuse matters even more...It depends what 'Apps' you are talking about.

If you want to add Google Apps 'outisde' of the main Google suite (Apps like WeVideo, Padlet, Lucid etc) then..Admin Console > Device Management > User Settings > Pre-installed Apps and Extensions.

Select correct user group from left menu (i.e. students).

From VLN

Search for Apps and Save.

From VLN

• Nick Gunn (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2014 10:45am ()

Yes Steve, this is what I am wanting to to - push out "non goolgle suite" apps. Will try this.

Thanks

Nick

• Nick Gunn (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2014 7:58am ()

Thanks everyone, will have a play.

Nick

Join this group to contribute to discussions.