Search

MLE in Christchurch Schools

Started by Lisa 18 Jun 2014 10:05am () Replies (7)

Hi everyone

I am looking for some Christchurch schools that are working collabortively in an MLE - from all ages. We are currently operating an MLE at my current school in our Year 6-8 area and am keen to see some junior classes in action . We would be travelling from Palmerston North so am trying to arrange a few schools we can visit. 

Can anyone let me know if there school would be keen or available? Thanks

Lisa

Replies

• Rachel Dippie (View all users posts) 18 Jun 2014 12:43pm ()

Halswell has just opened their new MLE site.  I think they may be having visiting from term 3. Clearview opened the second stage of their MLE last year. They would be worth a visit. 

Bromley, while not having MLE environments are a Reggio School. Always amazing for a visit. Especially for teachers in the junior school, however this is something they do right through the school. 

Hope this helps. 

• Amy Millar (View all users posts) 19 Jun 2014 12:16pm ()

Hey Lisa,

We run a MLE and collaborative teaching environment for years 0 - 4 at Ladbrooks School.

You are more than welcome to come and visit us. We are just at the beginning of our journey. We only started at the start of this year.

Thanks

Amy

• Kylie Piper (View all users posts) 23 Jun 2014 4:32pm ()

We are running a collaborative classroom in our reception class at Shirley Primary, which you would be welcome to come and look at. I would really recommend you contact Woolston Primary. Their junior block is a beautiful new MLE, and a term and a half into the journey they have got lots of successes to share!

• Roger (View all users posts) 23 Jun 2014 5:58pm ()

Pegasus Bay School has just opened this term and have started tours now that our official opening is over. We are NE - Yr 8 MLE. The promo video gives a taste of what we are trying to achieve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkKGDF4QUGg

• Keryn Davis (View all users posts) 30 Jun 2014 11:53am ()

The Mairehau Primary new entrant/year 1 team are doing some fantastic work around pedagogy and curriculum design. They don't have a new school yet, but they are re-designing the way learning and teaching is 'done' and have made some great changes. It's early days but well worth a visit.

• Chris Meehan (View all users posts) 30 Jun 2014 12:19pm ()

At Our Lady of Fatima School the Year 7/8 classes are working across two existing 1954 classrooms with a cloakroom in between. Two teachers and 57 students. We began in Term 1 and have already made several changes and in the break will be doing even more as the children become more attuned to the notion of self regulated learning. We would love people to come and see us and tell of their experiences.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.