Search

Google Drive/Docs on iPad Issues

• Public
Started by Tania 16 Jun 2014 8:57am () Replies (2)

I am working in a school who isn't yet using Hapara Teacher Dashboard BUT have had GAFE working well on the iPads until recently with the intro of the 'Docs' app.  What has been happening is...  Teachers are creating shared folders with the students and students are simply opening their google drive, opening their shared folder and then creating their docs in their so always shared with teachers.  Since the Docs app has been in operation our problem is... as soon as you go to create a doc in the shared google drive folder, it jumps you straight into the 'Docs' app which means it doesn't save in the shared folder.  Frustrating!  Does anyone know anyway around this?  Would really appreciate any help.

Replies

• Shona Poppe (View all users posts) 16 Jun 2014 3:38pm ()

I have noticed this jumping from the Drive app to the docs app. At present my only suggestion would be if everyone was happy using the "Drive" app, just delete the "Doc" app until there is an update/adjustment sent through. I have also got Quickoffice, and that is great for creating documents offline and then saving it to the drive. The one glitch is the same, you need to then open Drive to get the document into the correct folder. Quickoffice is better for presentations as it can access the iPad camera roll.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.