Search

Volume purchasing and teachers exploring

• Public
Started by Michelle Robison 05 Jun 2014 11:08am () Replies (7)

I am wondering what people are doing regarding giving teachers the ability to explore what apps are good. We all read about what's good but know I need to trial them before I can introduce them to anyone else. So if a school is VPP and the IT manager is managing the account with secure purchases how do we give an ipad to a teacher to take home in the holidays and explore new apps?

Are you able to set up a different purchasers ID on the ipad, and give the teacher this ID so they can download free programs? Then remove anything when you get back to syncing them. Do you have to remove them? Can they stay on there or will sycing them mean they syc to all other devices?

Does it mean that the teachers need to have their own iPad and account (school supplied or not) to enable them to discover what's out there? Any suggestions or ways of operating from others would be much appreciated.

Replies

• Ryan (View all users posts) 05 Jun 2014 2:22pm ()

Hi,

I used VPP and Apple Configurator at South New Brighton with over 100 iPads and teachers could download free apps on to their school issued iPad using their own apple id regardless of it being set up at school. 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.