Search

google apps

• Public
Started by Lanea Strickland 29 May 2014 9:03pm () Replies (4)

When the kids have their own google accounts and then write their documents, where abouts on the server can the teacher check all their work and add comments? or do the children have to share it with you..

Replies

• Suzie Vesper (View all users posts) 29 May 2014 9:12pm ()

They can share docs with you. One way to make this more organised is to create a folder that you share all your students in to so that they can put docs in there to share with you automatically. Many schools such as ours are also using Teacher Dashboard which simplifies this by creating standard folders in the students accounts that you are automatically shared in to. Teacher Dashboard also gives you a handy interface to view documents in these folders for all students at once. Each student has a widget on the page showing the most recent docs in the folders. For instance, I have a literacy folder for each student in my class and I can go into Teacher Dashboard and see all of their latest stories in the same place. I just have to click on the links to open each doc for editing and commenting purposes. Teacher Dashboard does cost (I think about $4 per student). There is a free option called Google Classroom created by Google in the pipelines but I'm not sure when that will become available.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.