Search

Google+ in Schools

• Public
Started by Roimata Baker 28 May 2014 11:55am () Replies (6)

I have heard that Google+ is recommended for younger students however we teachers would like to to use Google+ within our school domain.  Is this possible while still restricting student's access to Google+? Would appreciate your advice which I will pass on to our office here.  Are there any useful video tutorials for these sorts of enquiries?

Replies

• Martine (View all users posts) 02 Jun 2014 8:03pm ()

Thanks for these instructions/screenshots, exactly what I needed to know how to do :)

• Hamish McLean (View all users posts) 28 May 2014 1:34pm ()

You probably already have sub-organisations.  But if not create one called staff (like Steven suggests)

screen shot 2

Once you have done that you can go into apps and then allow certian sub-organisations to have access to which ever apps you want.

screen shot 1

• Steven Wills (View all users posts) 28 May 2014 12:50pm ()

Ask your administrator to create a sub organization (staff). To that sub organization allocate apps including google+. Google+ is age restricted and student attempts to create an account has resulted in their google account being deleted when they entered age information.

• Hamish McLean (View all users posts) 28 May 2014 12:14pm ()

I'm the system admin of our school (full primary) and we have enabled it for teachers, but certianly not for students.  Not even our Y7/8's.   I wouldn't recommend it.  There are no restrictions you can apply easily.  

We do allow chat/ hangouts for students and that is enough for collaboration amongst other schools and 'experts' outside the school for communication... 

Hope that helps Cool

• Roimata Baker (View all users posts) 28 May 2014 11:55am ()

*I have heard that Google+ is NOT recommended....

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.