Search

Part 2: Personalising learning : Shallow and deep expressions of practice | An Enabling e-Learning event

Also see: Part one: Personalising learning | a historical perspective

Now-a-days you can order your groceries for home delivery, have your running shoes individually moulded, images printed on pretty much anything and a music playlist to suit. It’s all about personalisation and expression as an individual. Some of this makes us look/feel good (shallow), while some of this is a necessity (deep).

Key changes in technology, social networks and ubiquitous access to information enables us to personalise our own professional learning - much like we do in the VLN/Enabling e-Learning groups. But what does personalising learning mean for our students? 

Good teachers having been building learning tasks around individual learning needs for years. A traditional model of delivery may have looked like this.

Traditional methods of teaching

We’ve now come to realise, some of these traditional components actually serve as a barrier to personalising learning.

“Personalised learning means differentiated provision to meet differentiated needs. All the resources available for learning—teachers, parents, assistants, peers, technology, time and buildings—have to be deployed more flexibly.” (Supporting Future-oriented Learning and Teaching: A New Zealand Perspective. Wellington: Ministry of Education p17)

Personalising learning challenges the way we think about learning (p15) in terms of:

• knowledge and how it is used
  • authentic, relevant, real world contexts
  • ways to build on diverse strengths/needs
  • ways to foster independence
  • ownership of learning
  • ways to deliver/facilitate learning
  • use of other resources (technologies, whānau, peers) to support and enhance learning 

You might find yourself nodding in agreement so far and still wondering what “deep” vs “shallow” expressions of personalisation might look like. 

Charles Leadbetter distinguishes “shallow” personalisation as non-transformational. “The goal is not simply to find better ways to raise everyone’s “achievement” to an identical level or standard, but rather to support every person," to reach their potential. (Supporting Future-oriented Learning and Teaching: A New Zealand Perspective. Wellington: Ministry of Education p18)

His explanation of “Deep” personalisation, is that learners have far greater responsibility over their learning. Students get to shape their own learning, engage in real-world problems and have ownership over their learning pathways.

Take a look Table 4 for a more detailed comparison between the two.

Deep vs shallow expressions of personalisation

Taken directly from Supporting Future-oriented Learning and Teaching: A New Zealand Perspective. Wellington: Ministry of Education p 20.

So what does “deep” expressions of personalisation look like?

• Heather Eccles shares an initiative in her secondary school where Personalising learning incorporates learning conversations between students and 'Learning advisors' to enable students to help shape their own learning.

How would we know these are “deep” expressions of practice?

Students talking about learning

“The differences between deep and shallow expressions of personalisation are often evident when having conversations with students about their learning.  Learners who have had the time, support and opportunities to have input into shaping their learning tend to be better able to describe in their own words what they have come to learn about their strengths, weaknesses, motivations and interests as learners, and how this relates to other contexts of their lives, including their ideas about how they see themselves in the future.” (p 19)

For personalisation to become a reality, issues need to be addressed at both the school-wide and classroom level.

What challenges and opportunities have you and your school faced as you have undertaken to personalise the learning for your students?

We’d love to hear more. Smile

Also see: Part 3: Personalising learning: A strategy for review | An Enabling e-Learning event

Keep an eye out for Part 3: Personalising learning: A strategy for review, in another designated Enabling e-Learning Forum 2014. Watch this space.

You might also like:

Replies

• Heather Eccles (View all users posts) 23 May 2014 9:40am ()

Hello everyone, 

I'm Heather Eccles and I'm HOD of Geography at Ormiston Senior College, Auckland. I'm passionate about lots of things - but mostly placing the learner at the centre of learning and providing multiple pathways towards success. Ormiston Senior College is a really forward thinking school applying a pedagogy focused learning conversations with students. Learning conversations are developed two ways - through a relationship with a Learning Avdisor (a transformed form teacher) and by applying a student-directed pedagogy in my lessons which gives me more time to talk with students. 

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?

• Each teacher is a Learning Avdvisor/Form teacher and responsible for the pastoral care of 12-15 students
    • A block of 90 minutes is allocated for the Learning Advisor to talk with their group of students each week. TIME to have learning conversations is essential!
    • I apply a student-directed pedagogy in my lessons - using a LMS to structure learning. I provide a rubric for assessment and reflection. My conversations in lessons then revolve around where the student thinks they are on the rubric and what their next steps are. 

HOW DO YOU DO IT?

• Every teacher in the school acts as a Learning Avdvisor (including the principal, HODs, and people who typically don't have a form class - this allows you to have a ratio of 1:15 which gives you TIME to talk with students and dig deep)
    • NO DEANS - each Learning Advisor is responsible for the pastoral care of their group of students
    • ALL communication between parents and the school goes through the Learning Advisor 
    • Limited teacher-directed lesson delivery. I use myPortfolio to provide learning guides for students in which they work through a series of activites - at their own pace and choosing what they work on when. his gives me TIME to talk with students.

I hope you have picked up from reading this that making TIME to talk with students is KEY to presonalising learning and REALLY KNOWING YOUR STUDENTS. There are changes schools can make, and changes you can make in your own classroom to facilitate this. 

THINKING POINT!!

Is there anyone in your school that could answer ALL of the below points about a student?

• I know about their family - who they live with and their important whanau relationsips
    • I know what extra-curriculars they are involved in (in school and in the community)
    • I know who their friends are - and I know about how they are managing these relationships
    • I know the future aspirations of this student and we discuss and monitor the steps in getting there
    • In know what their academic strengths and weaknesses are - the students knows these too and we talk about them
    • I know what successes they have had this term and we have celebrated them

There are many more I could add here - but when I reflect on this, it makes me think that for many years my answer to this, for almost all my students, was NO - I've realised just how superficial my relationships with my students have been. However, now that I have build these relationships and seen the benefits of presonalising learning I could never go back and I'm keen to get others to see the value in this too. 

I'm keen to hear about other experiences of personalising learning as I continue of my journey!

• justin hickey (View all users posts) 23 May 2014 9:11pm ()

Hi Heather. It sounds like you work in a very inspiring environment. I am a yr 7/8 teacher and have been trying to install a similar approach to my class. I have a 1-1 digital class this year and I am trying to deliver the primary curriculum in a very personalised way providing options for my students in each curriculum area and conferencing with them to map out what they want to learn within the strands we are covering. For examle, in numeracy, we are covering multiplication and division and I sit with the each student and outline the variety of strategies they can learn for the level they are working i.e. lvl 3-4 or 5. The students get to choose which strategies they would like to learn and we have set up a process for achieving that. I am trying to do the same for writing, reading and their personal based learning topic. I have also set up a google site for our class where everything they need for their learning is place there. This includes timetable, files, documents, links to video tuorials, basically everything they need.

However I am finding it to be bit of a struggle. I expected more of the students to take a more active role in their learning than is cuurently happening. Many of the students are not comleting their tasks and they are not being as independent as I thought they would be. As a result I have been going through quite a reflective process trying to figure where the problem lies. Is it that my expectaions are to high? Or have I not modelled how to use they site or provide examples of what my expectations of them are? I wonder if they are not ready for such independence, something I find hard to believe.

It is an ongoing process which has only just begun, but a process I eager to improve on. It is very serendipitous reading your post as these issues have been weighing heavily on my mind this week. I will follow this tread closely and see how I can go about making improvements.

Thanks for sharing

• Anjela Webster (View all users posts) 25 May 2014 4:21pm ()

Hi

This thread caught my attention (thanks Tessa!), as did your uploads.  I like the terms 'shallow' and 'deep'.  I think there's a great analogy here - for one to get into the 'deep', one needs confidence.  In the shallows, you have something underneath you to support and comfort.  When linked to personalized learning, both teachers and learners have come from or are hovering around what has been/is familiar and habitual.

This approach described by MoE in Future-oriented T and L, requires shifts in knowledge, willingness to take risks, and flexibility and adaptability in navigating unfamiliar pedagogy and practice. This is for both students and teachers. I am thinking about your comments Justin - re reluctant uptake by students.  If their historical schooling story has been a pattern of teacher oriented teaching and learning only, it is not surprizing there are some students who are less inspired than expected. You may well be their first educator who has introduced a sizzling opportunity to them as described, and they've been used to being 'fed' a programme of learning. Hang in there .... it sounds great - and inspiring to hear you care enough.  Step your students through overtime. See them individually on a spectrum of personalization .. some are handling it more so, and some less,  the degrees of independence and ownership of learning you're offering.    

Heather, your school sounds amazing... a whole school approach .. this means your Y9's will move through with incredible support to uptake their own learning and direct this across their years. This is the ideal scenario...

Thanks for sharing - I think the links are great too so thanks for that! great thread.. hope more contribute.

Anj :)

• Juliet Dickinson (View all users posts) 25 May 2014 5:13pm ()

Hi there,

Great to see the entries in this forum already.  My name is Juliet Dickinson and I am Deputy Principal at Te Kowhai School in Hamilton.  I am privileged to work somewhere that embraces change and we are all really open to new learning.  Taking risks is becoming part of the fabric of what we do.  This, I believe is the first ingredient needed in order to be able to cater to future-focussed learners.

After starting our Teaching as Inquiry journey last year around accelerating student achievement in Literacy, there was a wide range of 'unexpected' outcomes.  The true meaning of inquiry I suppose - it potentially leads us off in different directions and uncovers things that may in fact be more pressing than the original focus.  One of these outcomes was that we realised that a number of our students showed a lack of confidence when sharing their understanding of the learning they were doing.  This led me to question exactly how we are embedding this understanding across the school.  How much were we driving the learning ourselves?  Do our students actually understand their 'roadmap' for learning? This and a range of other 'outcomes' has led us to our ongoing Teaching as Inquiry focus; Personalising Learning.  How can we put our students in the driving seat?  We have been through a lengthly and indepth revisioning process and our strategic goals are now centered around how we can best grow our 21st Century Learners.  Ingredient number 2 I believe - it must be at the core of our decison making.

Student voice was a massive part of our TAI process last year and highlighted that our students like learning in contexts relevant to them, sharing their learning with others, working collaboratively, having choice about where and how they learn.  Justin Hickey mentioned in his post that his students get an element of choice in what they learn.  I agree that this is really important.  At a Personalising Learning PLD session last week with Core Ed, we were given a link to a document that showed the Stages of Personalised Learning Environments (Barbara Bray and Kathleen McClaskey).  This really made me think about how important it is to personalise learning, but this process needs to be scaffolded slowly and carefully (it is much bigger that I ever thought).  See link below - there are some excellent supporting materials on this site (namely 'Stages of personalised learning environments' and 'Personalisation vs Differentiation vs Individualisation chart').

http://www.personalizelearning.com/p/toolkit.html

Creating a Roadmap: - One piece of the puzzle

We spent a lot of time towards the end of last year creating detailed progressions for literacy and numeracy within the school.  It was great to be able to work further on these with others from within the VLN to get the Reading into kid-speak earlier this year.  This is something we are still working on (kid-speak) but definitely see the value in students knowing where they have come from and where they are going.  Our progressions are there to help us scaffold students learning (around the knowledge/skills component), to make sure we don't miss anything important (and do I dare mention National Standards here?).  BUT (big but) they should not limit or confine us.  The relevant, authentic and interest-based learning experiences should be dominant, but during the process our students should be regularly brought back to what knowledge, skills and learning processes they are learning (therefore reflecting and making the connections).  

How do you use progressions in your schools?  Do they drive your teaching and learning or they a by-product of the learning?

Getting to know our learners: - We won't have personalised, relevant, authentic and interest-based learning experiences if unless we know them...

Last year each teacher had a target group of students, we collected a wide range of information about each student.  This is similar to what you talked about Heather.  The basic format below is a sample of what we used.  It begs the question now though; why can't we do this for all of our students?  The information it provided was invaluable.  Another staff member suggested that an adaption of this could be having meetings with parents early on in the year.  Also, that students could put together their own profile at the beginning of the year, or in the holidays.  What other things have people done to gather this information?  Please share.

Screen Shot 2014-05-25 at 1.45.58 pm.png

I am really passionate about this whole process and look forward to seeing more contributions to the forum.  

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 28 May 2014 12:17pm ()

Great forum discussions, thank you everyone who's contributed so far.

Thank you Heather for sharing the processes you’ve adopted at Ormiston Senior College. I can definitely see the value of'chat time' with students, which has meant accessing all teaching resources in the school. I could be wrong, but it doesn't sound like major changes to timetable, physical spaces or teaching is that correct? Some of these elements can become barriers to new ways of working.

Justin you’ve bought up a real ‘elephant in the room’ - thank you for sharing. You're clearly highly motivated and dedicated to ensuring each of your students have support to tailor learning pathways. At the same time, you must find this time-consuming on yourself as well?

I think Anjela’s response to your story Justin - about the familiar and habitual patterns of behaviours is valid here. What have our students become used to – in terms of work habits and attitudes? Juliet your questions about, How much were we driving the learning ourselves? and How can we put our students in the driving seat? are also relevant here too.

It's got me thinking about, what motivates kids to love gaming? 

Games can offer motivation, problem solving, challenges, incentives, rewards, sometimes collaboration and social interaction with peers. Could we use some of these key drivers/strategies from gaming - to help scaffold students to own/control their own learning?  

For example, could some of the learning tasks include (or be substituted with):

Another key idea - Shift the balance of power! Supporting Future-oriented Learning and Teaching: A New Zealand Perspective. Wellington: Ministry of Education talks about utilising resources differently – including peers, parents, whanāu and community members. You don’t have to be the only teacher in the room. I love this portion of an infographic, which shows how stakeholders can play a role in personalising learning. I'd also include peers into this diagram.

Everyone takes part in personalising learning

Thank you for sharing the web links too Juliet. I went in there and enjoyed reading, 10 Trends for Personalized Learning in 2014. Your ideas about scaffolding roadmaps to help with learning progressions, is a great way to help nurture ownership, so is having students co-construct rubrics to promote self-reflective learning habits.

The challenge still remains,

“…teachers need to know how to meet the needs of individuals; how to analyse where a student is up to in their learning, intervene at the right level, and evaluate the impact of the intervention. Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/pyne-gets-marks-for-training-focus-20131103-2wuqn.html#ixzz32xj5bqJv

Hearing more personal stories about what does/doesn't work - is a step in the right direction.

Personalising learning for NCEA Pasifika students from EDtalks on Vimeo.

You might also be interested in:

• Juliet Dickinson (View all users posts) 02 Jun 2014 4:13pm ()

Thank you for sharing the links above Tessa, the infographic is great.  To continue on from my last post, I would like to share a really useful exercise we have started with our staff relating to Personalised Learning.  It is all too tempting to go down the 'MLE' avenue without looking further than buildings, spaces and learning environments.  There is currently a never-ending thread of conversations about pedagogy throughout the VLN, and rightly so... this should come first.

This is something we are really taking our time with.  Last week, staff were asked to brainstorm as many ideas as they could about the following on post-its with a buddy...

"What does your ideal learning programme look like?"  So, if someone walked in to your room what would they experience?  

photo 3.JPG

The ideas were far and wide, which was great.  With 80 or so post-its (beliefs about what 'good' learning looks like), we then synthesised with another pair and so the process continued until we had put these into 5 groups.  Staff then summarised all the post-its in one group into one statement - a key principle.  What we believe learning should look like here.  

photo 1.JPG

We are moving onto a process tomorrow where we are taking our 5 principles and coming up with 3-4 concise key concepts (indicators) for each of these.  We will then be discussing the implications for practice.  How do we make our beliefs become a reality?  What do we need to change to make these shifts take place? Then we'll be getting down to the real nitty-gritty!

A shared understanding by all staff is crucial.  Whether our students are in a Modern Learning Environment (2 operating in our school currently) or a single cell (9 of these) we all need to walk the same talk.  I believe this also needs to be embedded firmly within strategic planning to ensure depth and bredth.

I would be really interested in hearing other professional development ideas from anyone else who is exploring personalised learning with their staff.  Please share.

• Mary-Anne Murphy (View all users posts) 03 Jun 2014 4:30pm ()

Hi Juliet

A fabulous approach that harvests teacher knowledge and understandings and starts to develop a collective vision forward. 

Some thoughts for next-step consideration:

• where are the gaps in what you have harvested?
    • what might your student voice say if some of them were to be taken through this same process? 
    • what are the foundational elements that underpin personalised practices eg: a shift in locus of control = student agency, assessment for learning pedagogies and practices, etc.
    • to what extent are these foundational elements secure within your school?
    • what needs to be "unbundled" totally and what needs to be reshaped?
    • parent involvement - when? how? by whom?
    • how do you understand teachers levels of capability and motivation? ... A tool I have used in the past is the Grid A below where teachers map their skill and motivation level against certain statements/criteria. This is done confidentially. Grid B shows how the mapping is interpreted and the type of support that needs to be given to teachers within each quadrant.

Motivation vs Skills grid

Interpretation of grid

Happy explorations!

Mary-Anne

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 03 Jun 2014 6:42pm ()

Personalised learning a very big deep pool, one which I am not surprised that many educators are reluctant to push their protégés into.  It involves teachers letting go of control, allowing learners to take full responsibility for directing their own learning.  When looking at the emerging theme of personalised learning, it is impossible not to think about some of the big questions in education today. 

• Do we really need schools? 
    • Is it important to teach handwriting? 
    • Does every child need literacy skills?
    • How do learners learn best?
    • Our curriculum supports lifelong learning as a concept.  How “scaffolded” must this disposition be?  Does it happen naturally? 
    • Are our theories about learning proven?
    • How old should students be when they are pushed into this pool? 
    • What are the essential skills that all learners should have as a base set?
    • Do we have enough teachers for the student teacher ratio to be ideal for personalised learning?

Many teachers are familiar with using differentiated learning (teacher-driven), and some have even dabbled in individualised learning (teacher-driven) but personalised learning is another step further (learner-driven) and there are many barriers to implementation.  One-to-one learning is best for every student and digital technology does give us some affordance in allowing students to immerse in systems that imitate the paradigm of expert tutelage.  The model of home-schooling allows for some very close comparisons to personalised learning, at least in the early days.  What must happen then?

Deep personalised learning requires the learner to take full responsibility for their learning pathway.

There, I have set the cat among the pigeons now!  

• Andrew de Wit (View all users posts) 03 Jun 2014 8:49pm ()

Thanks Leigh for asking some really good questions. My experience over the last couple of years, especially having a BYOD program indicates that presonalised learning is possible, does take a significant shift in teacher practice. Not so sure about age - I have some Year 4 students who would love working like this and would handle it well and have taught some Year 7 and 8 students who would not and would need an awful lot of input to scaffold their transition to. I do thinks it is where we are headed and do think it will change education as we know it. 

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 04 Jun 2014 8:08pm ()

And as if to support my line of thought, Claire Amos posts this blog reflecting on Sugata Mitra's conference talk.  Kids teach themselves more in 9 months than those who are "taught". http://www.teachingandelearning.com/2014/06/edutech-sugata-mitra-on-future-of.html

• Rachel Bolstad (View all users posts) 13 Jun 2014 11:39am ()

Hello! I'm one of the authors of the Future-oriented learning report discussed in the post. It is really exciting to see that some of the ideas in the report are helping to underpin these ongoing conversations and sharing of practice, questions and ongoing learning across schools. At the time of pulling that report together we thought it was really important to try to push through the easy levels of thinking about personalising and get into the harder and more challenging expresssions where schools might find themselves wondering - we think we are doing it, but are we really? I think once you have got comfortable with that sort of question you can keep applying it to your practice without feeling too destabilised (hopefully!). The discussion here suggests that there are some very thoughtful practices developing across schools and in classrooms that do reflect that desire to "go deep" with notions of personalising learning, and figure out how to make that a comfortable experience both for teachers and students.  

I'd just like to also add a comment about the second theme in the report "new ways of understanding diversity and inclusivity". From my perspective, this idea follows on from the notion of personalisation and takes it even further, calling on us to think differently about diversity and how we can do more than just cater to diverse learners - or even celebrating diversity -  how can we actually do valuable things for learning BY HARNESSING the power of that diversity? IN other words, how does diversity (in a group, in a class, in a community) enable us to do things that we couldn't otherwise do?

This is quite a hard idea to explain succinctly, but it means that we need to see learners - and ourselves - as multidimensional people who bring many diverse backgrounds, ways of thinking, experiences, and interests into a learning situation. The connections between all of those differences can be a source for learning opportunities that we can’t know in advance until we start opening up opportunities to tap into and elicit that diversity. This is a space where knowledge can be created, transformed, remixed, reshaped, and used to do new things. I think the two ideas knit together in an interesting way - the notion that a diverse group of people and ideas can bring something into a learning situation that has power and value is, to me, also a dimension of how we think about personalising learning, not just at the level of the individuals in the group but at the level of the collective and how shared knowledge and expertise can be developed to the benefit of the entire group. I think this way of thinking can also perhaps help us not to get stuck in the binary between "teacher-directed" vs "student-directed" learning. 

My colleague Sue McDowall has a chapter on this in our forthcoming book KC’s for the future where she looks at different examples of this idea in practise in NZ classrooms. http://www.nzcer.org.nz/nzcerpress/key-competencies-future

Thanks for letting me gatecrash the forum :)
  • Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 19 Jun 2014 11:43am ()

Oops I also wanted to mention, that I'm reading through the NCZER blog @ http://www.shiftingthinking.org/ and will also investigate the NZCER report on, Better than a professional? Students as co-contributors to educational design Smile

• Rachel Bolstad (View all users posts) 19 Jun 2014 12:01pm ()

Yeah a few years ago I was working on a few different projects working with young people (secondary school aged) as partners in educational change. A short free-text article connected to that work is here, it's a faster read tan a full report!  http://www.nzcer.org.nz/system/files/set2011_1_031.pdf

This sort of points towards another theme from the future-oriented learning report, which relates to the notion of "changing the scripts" for teachers' and learners' traditional roles. I believe there are strong connections here to the notion of personalising learning, how we interpret what that means and what learners and teachers and others are actually "doing" when they are "doing" personalising learning. The "What?" to "Who" slides  that Tessa just posted gets at this idea as well. Bede's description of what they are thinking about in their school is a good illustration of this too I think. I love the adoption of the traveller/tourist metaphors that bring with them a lot of different useful and practical ideas about being and doing (i.e. we know what those kinds of roles looks like in a travel tour - so what does it look like in a school learning situation?). Adopting a different sort of a metaphor can often help spark new thinking, I reckon. I've heard of a lot of very interesting metaphors that different schools have created as a way to express their shared ideas about learning, teaching, curriculum, community-connections, etc.

• Bede Gilmore (View all users posts) 13 Jun 2014 12:52pm ()

Kia ora koutou,

Thank you to those who have shared their experiences thus far. It's great reading about the specifics that schools are currently doing to personalise learning more. We've begun our journey and continue to seek further ideas in this area. We're sorting what our learning model looks like. We're looking at a "Self Guided Learning" model - much like a self-guided tour. We're looking at metaphors for being on a tour that is partly guided by the tour operator (teacher) and how local guides, locals, other tourists etc can all help you find your way. What tools do you need? A map is useful in unknown areas (learning progressions) and knowing what to do when you are lost! Who to ask for help? Can you speak the "local language"? It's early days. Very early. We decided this only yesterday. It's a work in progress. Some form of self-directed learning currently exists in our senior rooms and the goal is to have a model developed by the end of the year that could be adopted school wide. I'm now going to re-read all the coments above and record ideas etc. Thanks again to the contributors. 

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 19 Jun 2014 11:12am ()

I've reading enjoyed reading about the visualisation of your learning journey Bede, thank you. This process will no doubt help with clarification, articulation and ownership of the learning in your school.

Thank you Rachel, for bringing your wealth of knowledge and expertise (as co-author) to this discussion – especially making connections with, “new ways of understanding diversity and inclusivity.”

Knowing your learner and maximizing the potential of each diverse learner’s strengths and needs are on-going conversations for anyone interested in Universal Design for Learning principles (UDL) as well.

Registered Teacher Criteria recommend teachers:

• 8. Demonstrate in practice their knowledge and understanding of how ākonga learn.
    • 9. Respond effectively to the diverse and cultural experiences and the varied strengths, interests, and needs of individuals and groups of ākonga.

You’ve also touched on the terminology of "teacher-directed" vs "student-directed" Rachel. This link in Enabling e-Learning defines Personalised learning as students:

• understand how they learn
    • own and drive their learning
    • are co-designers of the curriculum and their learning environment

Shift in personalisation

As Mary-Anne Murphy’s slide demonstrates, the shift moves from the ‘WHAT’ to the ‘WHO’. The emphasis on ‘ownership of learning’, includes students having a voice in how they co-design learning contexts, through negotiation and collaboration with teacher and other learners.

The Enabling e-Learning Personalised learning page is especially useful, as it illustrates the potential for technologies to empower akonga/students to take control of their learning through more digital stories.

Also, keep an eye out next term, as a couple of guest presenters will be joining us in a LIVE event, to talk more about personalising learning. Watch this space!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.