Search

Ideas for using google apps in the classroom

• Public
Started by Tash Jacobs 07 May 2014 9:42pm () Replies (5)

This is a discussion about using google apps demonstrating how sharing ideas with the questioning that Steff talked about made me reflect on my teaching.

it would be great for someone to share any ways they have thought of or tried to use google docs etc in the classroom. :)

/discussion/view/868385

Replies

• Kate Crawford (View all users posts) 07 May 2014 9:56pm ()

Hey Tash

Can you show me a link on here or explain to me how i get the comments on the google docs?  

thanks

• Tash Jacobs (View all users posts) 07 May 2014 10:27pm ()

image.jpg

If you're on the iPads use the google docs app otherwise on the computer there is a box in the same spot but i think it says comment.  This will be awesome for you when the emails are sorted as then it will identify who says what and they can highlight what they are referring to :)

Let us know how it goes...

• Kate Crawford (View all users posts) 08 May 2014 8:57pm ()

Thanks for that Tash

Have seen this and worked it out.  Awesome cant wait to use this.

Also when you have the kids all writing on the Doc do they all just start at the top of the page or do you have their names already on the Doc?

Thanks so much 

• Tash Jacobs (View all users posts) 08 May 2014 9:34pm ()

When they first open the doc they put in their name and start typing under it.  I fused it for planning ideas today for the first time after the discussion thread I was following and it was pretty cool.  For that  I just put all their names at the top and everyone just typed underneath randomly.  They were stoked at how fast the ideas grew and weren't afraid to add because it wasn't obvious who had written more than anyone else.  After we had spend time practising using verb phrases (participial phrases) and then turning them into sentences I got them to go into comments and offer how to use the correct structure of any sentences they knew didn't follow the rule we were practising.  They had to sign their name so it showed me who wa a ble to identify how to follow the structure correctly.

when they actually start the writing they will all have access to the ideas from all the docs all the time which they thought was pretty cool.  Also I asked them if anyone would prefer just using their books and three put their hands up so they used their books and were cool with that.  They just worked together to look at each others examples.

:)

Join this group to contribute to discussions.