Search

Viewing Google Sites issue

• Public
Started by Mel Sutton 06 May 2014 2:51pm () Replies (10)

I thought I was quite savy until I came to this problem.  My kids have created a site today to use as an ePortfolio.

https://sites.google.com/a/heathcotevalley.school.nz/lilyp/

This is Lily's one.  How does someone view it other than Lily (or me as a shared collaborator).

Replies

• Tania (View all users posts) 06 May 2014 3:05pm ()

Hey there Mel,

If you click on 'share' in the top right hand corner of your site it will give you options of how you want to share and who with.  You can share with specific people by adding their email address, share with people who have the link or have totally public on the web.

• Mel Sutton (View all users posts) 06 May 2014 8:45pm ()

Thanks everyone.  I have now got it sorted - phew - another hurdle over.

Mel

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 06 May 2014 3:07pm ()

Make sure you are logged in.

Go to the cog wheel- top right hand side.

Go to manage site.

Go to sharing and permissions and make it so it can be seen publically in the web if that ois what you want or your could just make it within your domain if you prefer.

Go to  Sites Permissions

• Jon Keelty (View all users posts) 06 May 2014 3:13pm ()

Hi Mel,

Just set the sharing of the site to be "public",  "anyone with the link" or if you want it to be a bit more secure you can limit it to only your school domain users ( but this will shut out parents ).

I am just around the corner from you - if you need some help I am happy to come over as I am a Google Accredited trainer and part of our accreditation is to put ourselves out there to help!

Jon K.

• Jon Keelty (View all users posts) 06 May 2014 3:14pm ()

I see Allanah beat me to it - you have to be pretty quick off the mark to get in before the Google Queen!
    ; ) 

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 06 May 2014 3:21pm ()

You're funny. Helping is a little light relief from form filling!!!

It also shows the power of using the VLN when three people with lots of expertise are just hovering waiting to help. It's the teacher in us - we can't help oursleves- we always want to help. It's in our DNA. ;-)

I need to take some time to sit the tests for Google Accredited Trainer. Well done, you.

• Jon Keelty (View all users posts) 06 May 2014 3:32pm ()

Hahahaha... yes, some "hovering" going on in my office right now while I wait for animoto videos to process. Not that I am procrastinating at all...
    8 ) 

• Sarah Parker (View all users posts) 06 May 2014 7:24pm ()

I had a similar problem, but the way our site was set up when I clicked 'share' there wasn't a public option.  Our techie went through the administrator console and tweeked it there to open it up.

• Jill Pears (View all users posts) 06 May 2014 3:25pm ()

Hi Mel, 

See you got lots of good help.

We should have a catch up on Monday when you are over. We are using Google Sites for ePortfolios as well.

Cheers, Jill. 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.