Search

Creating Videos on Chromebook

• Public
Started by Fiona Robertson 24 Apr 2014 8:15pm () Replies (6)

What are people using to create videos using chromebooks? I have had a play with wevideo but wondering what else is out there. I am wanting to find a program that children can upload their own images (drawings), record their voice, rearrange slide, etc

Fiona

Replies

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 24 Apr 2014 8:31pm ()

Have you looked at Movenote?  It is more of a screencast than a video app but makes an mp4 file and the children could use their own slides and photos while talking to them.

• Simon Ashby (View all users posts) 26 May 2014 8:35pm ()

Movenote is fantastic for the purpose you seek.

• Angela Lee (View all users posts) 30 May 2014 8:56pm ()

Have you tried the youtube editor? depends how much access you want your students to have to youtube I guess.  

Second Movenote, I found that more stable than wevideo. 

• Dave Winter (View all users posts) 09 Jun 2014 8:11pm ()

Just came here to add a discussion about movenote and came acros this thread. Leigh Simon and Angela have come up with good ideas. I feel Wevideo has improved, stabilised  and is the most fully featured. Includes green screen etc.

Here is a teacher who uses chromebooks talking about it. My personal favorite is Wevideo which is the best Chrome friendly video editor I have come across.

• Sandy Lediard (View all users posts) 10 Jun 2014 8:23pm ()

We are using WeVideo and haven't had problems with it.  Thanks for the suggestion about Movenote - will investigate further.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.