Search

Resource bank

• Public
Started by Suzie Vesper 15 Apr 2014 10:51pm () Replies (7)

I thought that maybe we could share some resources we've found useful with each other using this platform. I've added the option for 'Group Resources' in the menu. When you click on this, you can search available resources or upload resources to share. While I have uploaded a couple, I'm thinking that we might not be too popular with the VLN if we go crazy with uploading so if you have a link to where you have the resource stored elsewhere such as a Google Doc, that might be preferable. 

When you add a resource, make sure you choose the subject/s so that the resource is easier to find. Let me know if you want me to add more subjects. At the moment, I've kept the focus on literacy and numeracy.  It would be great if you could comment on this post to let me know if you think this is a good idea or not!

Replies

• Katie F (View all users posts) 16 Apr 2014 7:34am ()

I think this is a great idea.Thanks Suzie. I'll have a good chance to upload resources for people during the holidays when I have a sort out. Smile

• Katie Moodie (View all users posts) 16 Apr 2014 8:49am ()

This sounds like a great idea! I'm new to VLN and am trying to up the anti when it comes to digital technologies, so this would be a great help to me!

• Lisa (View all users posts) 16 Apr 2014 9:17am ()

A great idea - too often we are 'recreating' our resources, especially when people have such great ideas. A great collaborative environment. Thanks Suzie Smile

• Tracy Barker (View all users posts) 18 May 2014 7:02pm ()

I'm looking to add to my list of high interest novels to read to our Year 5 & 6 students. So far this year I have read "A Terrible Thing That Happened to Barnaby Brockett", "Adventures of Edward Tulane" and are now reading "Noah Barleywater Runs Away." Previously I have read several Michael Morpurgo books, Maurice Gee and VM Jones. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Phoebe Fabricius (View all users posts) 18 May 2014 9:36pm ()

Hi Tracy

Have you tried 'The hatchet' by Gary Paulsen

Our Y5/6 worked on this text all term.  It was amazing.  There are websites with student notes, activities, readings, study guides etc. related to Brian's experiences.  Students couldn't get enough of this story.  here is a study guide that might help.

http://www.glencoe.com/sec/literature/litlibrary/pdf/hatchet.pdf

• Lauren Revie (View all users posts) 21 Aug 2014 6:54pm ()

My kids have LOVED Wonder!! It is such a heart warming story- about a boy with a severe facial dyformity. It has been by far the kids favourite book. In fact other kids in other classes ask about the novel we are reading so it seems to get out to the playground!! I also like Under the Mountain if you are based in Auckland.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.