Search

How are teachers using their interactive whiteboards in class?

Started by Leigh Hynes 01 Apr 2014 2:48pm () Replies (6)

In particular, how are they best used for writing

Replies

• Josie Woon (View all users posts) 01 Apr 2014 6:15pm ()

I use mine all day.  We start with interactive roll, where the children come and mobe their fish into the fish bowl, or leaf onto the tree, as I have Year 1 is good name recognition practise. Then roll which we do on here.  fitness from the just dance series on YouTube followed by a calendar. This has all sorts month with embedded month song, place value, time, Maori days, stats weather graph and we add to this over they day.  We still do hard copy big book and poem as found with the little ones havjng at lower level was easier. It will mix this up over the year.  

Then the reading and maths rotation is one here and then it is one of our stations for both.  Then arvo is all about using is to produce charts around our kaupapa or look at embeded links on our topic.  Some flipcharts are from promethean and some I have made.  

For writing have added a picture and then using the magnifying glass just show a small section and promotes discuss and then move it around or use the reveal tool to show a section.  

Hope that helps. 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.