Search

Visiting schools in Auckland

• Public
Started by Sam Hamilton 12 Mar 2014 8:19pm () Replies (2)

Kia Ora,

I am a teacher at Matata Public School.  I teach in the senior end of the school.  We have opened up our classrooms and my coleague and i teach years 4-8 (officially i teach 4-6 and my coleague 6-8).  Over the past few years we have been a part of the BeL contract (ending end of last year) and during this time we have vastly improved our infrastruture as well as the number of devices.  We aren't quite 1-1 but we're getting there.  FInally we recently added Hapara Teacher Dashboard and the use of Google drive to the mix which is working nicely.

Another big leap is making a concentrated effort with getting the students to take more control of their learning ('personalised learning').  Some have quickly taken to the idea while some still struggle with the responsibility.  (Small steps, small steps).  We have also worked on creating modern learning spaces for the students.

WIth this in mind i would like to visit a school to gain a better grasp of what this looks like in the Auckland area.    The only draw back is that i have only a limited time frame.  This being next Thursday (20th March).  I am coming up for an event Wednesday evening and have time on Thursday to visit schools.

If anyone is able to help i would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Sam Hamilton

Replies

• Kimberley Rivett (View all users posts) 12 Mar 2014 8:59pm ()

Hi Sam

I would be happy to have you visit our school next Thursday! Please send me an email on k.rivett@pointview.school.nz if you are keen. I teach in an MLE conjoined classroom with green screen room and we are a googleapps school also. 

Kimberley Rivett

Join this group to contribute to discussions.