Search

How do we know we are improving home school school partnerships?

• Public
Started by Allanah King 07 Aug 2011 10:56am () Replies (8)

So if our goal is to improve home school partnerships how can gauge how successful we are are doing it?

Replies

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 07 Aug 2011 11:00am ()

Our Moturoa class blog has been going for a few years now

Is that a way to gauge success? Many of those views were from our own class as it is a resource hub for our on line activities.

Many views and comments are from my Personal Learning Network, not parents/whanau.

I know many parents view the blog but don't leave written feedback.

So how could I better gauge parental/whanau engagement?

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 09 Aug 2011 2:45pm ()

In the past I have run a couple of Sunday afternoon blogging sessions to show them how easy blogging is and to support them in making their own family blog.

From the feedback at the time I thought they were very successful. Maybe it is about time we offered the same sort of thing again- opening it to the wider community- not just parents.

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 15 Aug 2011 9:57am ()

A little survey using Google Forms or on paper might be good but I tend to shy away from surveys as I always tend to think of the right questions to ask after I have got all the responses back. Maybe a bit of a group think on waht questions to ask might be useful.

http://goo.gl/eEfE1

Can you help us frame some questions???

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

Beyond the Classroom

Beyond the Classroom

Beyond the classroom - Connecting school to the wider community with and about technologies.