Search

Adding multiple users all at once

• Public
Started by Allanah King 14 Feb 2014 1:04pm () Replies (5)

We have our Google Apps Account all set up and have bought Chromebooks with the management console.

We were wondering if there is a way to add multiple accounts to the Chromebook all at the same time rather than each child logging in on each of the Chromebooks to make an account.

So kids would see something like this as in Wes's photo- they would only have to put in their password and to access their account. 

9594501118_7bcb5c81d8_o.jpg

Replies

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 14 Feb 2014 1:55pm ()

Allanah,

Not sure if this will work they way you want it?.. I haven't tried this before..

under Google Admin console (admin.google.com/yourschool.school.nz/)

1. Click Device management > Chrome management > Device settings.
    2. choose Restrict sign-in - then add the usernames, separated by commas, heres a link that provides more info https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/1375678?hl=en
    3. not sure if the list of users will show up - or just block anyone other than those users from logging in?

eric

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 14 Feb 2014 2:13pm ()

Worth a shot.

The setting to Show Usernames and Photos on log on- Specifies whether the Chrome device's sign-in screen displays the names and pictures of users who have signed in to the device.

We will give it a whirl.

Cheers

• Rob Gunn (View all users posts) 14 Feb 2014 1:58pm ()

Hi Allanah,

Our startup screens are like this set through the chrome admin. THis allows any student to sign in using their email. We have also restricted access to those users who are under our domain. With Wes's photo the issue becomes how many users are actually visible on the page. As far as I am aware only 10 are visible and I am not sure you can scroll through to see the other users.

Chrome start up

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 14 Feb 2014 2:11pm ()

Ah yes that would be an issue- you would need to be able to scroll through. I was thinking a bit like you would do with multiple Chrome apps.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.