Search

Notability

• Public
Started by Rachel O'Connell 01 Feb 2014 4:09pm () Replies (5)

Hi there, we are just beginning on our iPad journey and I would love any advice on the app Notability.  I know the mechanics of how it works but am interested to hear how teachers USE this app in their classroom as a teaching tool.  Kind regards, Rachel

Replies

• belindacowie (View all users posts) 01 Feb 2014 8:56pm ()

a fantastic app.  I use this app like a modelling book.  I share my ipad through the apple tv and use as an interactive tool with the children.  Also you can print them out and stick into a modelling book.  In this app you can make different folders for different curriculum areas.  I insert photos too

• Shona Poppe (View all users posts) 01 Feb 2014 9:30pm ()

I have found this app is great for organising information and studying. Used for annotating over notes (PDF) and adding your own notes. Very good for analysing a piece of writng or demonstrating note taking. Results can be shared and/or printed out.

Peer and self assessment with rubrics, with the ability to add handwritten or typed notes.

Equally useful for classroom and administration.

• Catriona Pene (View all users posts) 02 Feb 2014 10:13am ()

Hi Rachel,

Mary-Anne Murphy and I used this app in an e-writing classroom workshop we ran at ULearn. Here is the task card we created for participants. 

Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 10.10.47 AM.png

Hope it is helpful. : )

• Rachel O'Connell (View all users posts) 02 Feb 2014 1:04pm ()

Thanks so much for sharing.  I love how open everyone is on VLN to collaborating!!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.